Sign in to follow this  

Swing arm pivot shaft?

What would be a good lube to apply to the shaft so it will come out easier next time? Man, what a job! :cry:

Wally

Questions been asked many times before. There are a rather large number of us here who agree that belray waterproof grease is the way to go.

BelRay again and if you ride lots of wet and muddy conditions do a regular service. I ride lots of harsh conditions and service every 3 or 4 months,(the type of bike does'nt matter). I very seldom have to replace a swingarm,steering head or suspention linkage bearing!!. But! I'm constantly replacing them for people who don't maintain there bikes!!!. :cry:

Thanks guys. I already have the BelRay waterproof grease, thats what I use on the bearings. I've been putting this off with the excuse that I've only been riding dry street but burying it in the mud last weekend prompted me to go ahead and do it. The swingarm and linkage bearings still look great and had plenty of grease from the factory.

Dubya,

Count yourself lucky on the grease. My 03 had very little (if any) on the steering stem bearings and virtually nothing on the swingarm.