Sign in to follow this  

Doug Chandler on the Podium

749?!!! shouldn't that of been in the 600 class? Or does it not work like that in america?

Well done anyways Doug....i watched a formula extreme race where you got 3rd behind Duhamel and Zemke. Good racing out in the U.S at the min by the looks of things. I hear Hodgeson might be going to america next year.

749?!!! shouldn't that of been in the 600 class? Or does it not work like that in america?

750 twins are legal in the class. Although I know of a couple of people that have entered GSXR 750's and gotten away with it (nearly identical to the 600's externally)

This year Formula Xtreme is 600cc bikes. Last year it was 1000cc's.

aaah i see. Why have they done that? seems a little weird to me.

Here in Britain we have the British superbikes, British superstock (formula extreme style but on 1000cc bikes) Then we have supersport 600 and a R6 cup 1 make series for riders under 24 winner gets a factory yamaha bsb ride.

We used to have a 600 superstock class like that but they scrapped it for teh R6 cup idea.

The 749 doesn't compete in Supersport racing here in America because AMA doesn't want Ducati in with an "unfair advantage" in Supersport. They have consistantly bungled rules packages to exclude the 748/749 from many competitions, than being gracious enough to allow them into smaller undercards, like Pro Thunder(or Pro Blunder as some would call it). Formula Extreme is a superbike rules package for smaller displacement bikes(600cc for 4 cyl, 750 for water cooled twins, and 1450cc for air cooled twins, read;Buells). But really it's been a Honda benifit this year with no one else taking it seriously. Even the HMC team seems like an afterthought. I'm hoping there's more competitive rides next year. There will be at Daytona atleast. The Daytona 200 will run under Formula Extreme rules. :cry:

i think the UK superstock has limited mods instant of Xtreme where you can do almost everything with the bike (2 years agoAMA FormulaXtrme bikes was fater than the SBks itself specialy the graves R1)

At first I thought this was a Husky post, and I thought "Wow, they got that program off the showroom floor and competitive in record time..."

Look forward to having more players in the 450 realm.

Maybe the Buell blast?