Sign in to follow this  

looks like i'm gonna have to get a yzf250

at the track yesterday and had a few hours testing some of the bikes i'm considering buying. not good news tho.

first i had a go of the 05 ktm 125sx, didnt like it at all, it isnt much an improvment over 04 handling and altho its quick top end, coming out of the corners its very boggy and hard to get going. also over the rough stuff the back end is all over the place. so having one of those is out.

next was the rmz 250 05. the lad who's bike it was said that he had an 04 model before and it i had electrical problems even after it have been recalled (so why buy another one), he's had this rmz for 2weeks and already he says its taking longer to start from cold. had a few laps on it and it felt ok bit tall in the seat and wierd shape kickstart, its like bent in on the top. glad i gave it back when i did coz 5 laps later and the bike got stuck in 2nd so it was back to the van for him. so thats another one off my list.

then it was the crf 250, this was an 04 model but was pretty new. that felt much nicer (but i would coming of a crf450) it felt underpowered but all the power there felt useable, unlike the 450. that sort of settled my mind that thats the bike for me, until...... just a bit later the bike stalled and wouldnt start again. lol. wierd.

so now after talking to a few people, i think i'm gonna wait for the yzf250 05 to come out. everyone who i've spoken to about valve who owns a yzf has just looked at me funny and said ' valves?? dunno mate aint never checked them' and i'm talking about 01/02 bikes. ok they dont look as nice as the latest bikes, but if there as reliable as they seem then ill pass on the shiny frames and stick with something that im not working on more than im riding.

:cry:

And you posted this in the Honda forum? Why?

Maybe he didn't get enough attenion as a kid!! :cry: :cry: :cry::lol: He must be right and all the magazines that do shootouts must be wrong. :cry:

By the way, I have seen valves close up on Yamahas more so than any other bike out there! :cry:

And you posted this in the Honda forum? Why?

Yeah what's up with that, you didn't see me or others in the Yamaha section saying..."Think I'm gonna get me a Honda." :cry:

Dano

it shows in you sig you already have a 03 yzf250 so you should already know "how good"haha the yzf is

Go buy a Yamaha you corn picken, butt slappen, monkey fu****, Dumb A**. Then you can go post on the Yamha forums and write that you are going to buy a Honda.

What a Dumb A** :cry:

Quote:

I was all set to plop down money and load up a new CRF250X until I read the various threads here about the problems with these bikes. I visited two local dealers and when I asked about the valve problems I got strange responses - one immediately changed the subject and didn't address it, the other said he'd heard of problems but hadn't seen any locally. I rode the CRF250X and it is a really neat ride, very responsive, light and puts a big grin on my face. I didn't want to risk having problems, and there are too many of them to ignore.

Guys, this is what Honda needs to hear. We need to get the comments of the people that HAVE NOT decided to buy a new Honda because of the problems they've heard about. It might not get their attention coming from us, Honda already has our money. But, how much are they losing from the people that have not bought the bikes because of the problems that Honda is deciding to ignore?

All of you that decided against a new Honda, your comments are more than welcome.

Ahh, come on now. Somebody was just asking for this kind of post and now you got it. He didn't say Hondas were a POS.

After reading this forum for the last month, I could hardly blame anyone for being leary of buying a crf250.

Go buy a Yamaha you corn picken, butt slappen, monkey fu****, Dumb A**. Then you can go post on the Yamha forums and write that you are going to buy a Honda.

What a Dumb A** :cry:

Pretty 'effin'g harsh reply there Mr. Red Lemming. It sure is fun and easy to stir up you red lemmings. All anyone has to say is a minor negative about your beloved red machine and someone in the red pack twists off. If it isn't you, it will be someone else. Ya'll are a passionate bunch about these bikes. It's kinda fun as TT has been kinda bland lately. I'm conjuring up something right now to get the red's all stirred up. :cry:

you would be smarter to buy a crf250 this year as it is one of the most popular bikes and i don't think it will let you down. besides if you buy a new yamie it will be obsolete as soon as the aluminum frames come out, you'll never be able to sell it. my opinion.

at least yamaha will have the aluminum frame soon, can't say the same for honda.

Huh??? Where have you been the last 7 years?

Anyway either bike is awesome. I have the Yamy and I have ridden the Honda. They are very similar as far as power and handling go. The Honda feels a little taller at the bars and a little wider and the susupension feels a little soft but it handles awesome. The Yamaha feels lower slimmer and zippier and the suspension feels stiffer but handles like its on rails.

i own a honda therefore i post on the honda forum...pr1cks.

i was purely sharing my thought about what bike i am considering buying (silly me thinking that a forum was for sharing info).

if i had posted all about ktm's or yams then i might understand a shitbrained reply.

do me a favour and blow me you inbred mofo's

You guys try so hard to deny the fact Hondas 250F engine has problems. I was so close to getting a crf250 myself because my friend had got one and loved it, handled awesome. But he started having valve issues with it, and I knew there was no way in hell I wanted to mess with that. Ive never had problems with my YZ250F, and its 4 years old. Ive checked the valves three times. I also own 4 Xr's from a 50 to a 600 and they are kick arse.

Hey dont click on my post and say that. I was just giving my honest opinion between 2 bikes. Go spin some records and calm down.

Ive never had problems with my YZ250F, and its 4 years old. Ive checked the valves three times

Um hate to burst your bubble but the year is 2004 and if your bike is a 02 that would make it 2 years old.