Sign in to follow this  

Rear tyre for wr250f

Hello,

I need a new rear tyre and really have no idea which to get!

I ride almost all surfaces, mud, hard, sand, tarmac and I would like a tyre that lasts and is good for all surfaces.

Is there such tyre on the market? If not which would you recomend (I really need a tyre that lasts and is good on the mud).

Thanks

g0d0v

a harder tyre will last longer

but in a muddie situation hard med or soft it all feels the same but for hard pack riding you want a harder tyre

i nobbie tyre suitable for highway use is usually good on wear because its designed for tar

you need to get an all-terrain tyre or dual purpose as they are sometimes calledalthough they may not wok realy well in the mud they are the best allround wearing tyre you can get, a nobbi tyre will discintergrate on the road for extended periods of time.

Michelin makes a wonderful all-purpose tire for off-road, the S12. I don't know how long it would last on pavement, but for anything you throw at it off-road, they last quite awhile. I race Hare Scrambles, and in a 14 race long season, I can get by with just purchasing two for the year. Not bad, considering that each race is 2 1/2 hours long! They even work really well in the mud! Good luck. Maniac :cry:

For all conditions I like the Dunlop 756. Get a 110 wide instead of 100 though. The tread pattern is sort of paddle like so it works good in mud, sand, rocks and wears well.

I like the dunlop 739 (rear, the front 739 is junk imo). Its an intermediate type tire and seems to hold up well everywhere along with some pavement thrown in the mix (not for long periods of time though).

I agree. I still have the stock 739 tires and they are holding up very well. They wear better than any other tire I've tried.

I liked the 756's, but they wore out waaaay to fast. I actually ended up ripping off about 10 knobs, and that was on a CR125.

Me and my brother-in-law tried a king tire Because it was cheap.We figure a tire going to wear quickly anyway so we tried it.It acually lasted as long as any expensive tire we have used.We ride all kinds of terrain.It worked out great for us and it was cheap.Like $65.00. :cry: So good luck with youyr choice. :cry:

Just bought my 3rd Kenda Millville. $43.99 plus 7 bucks for shipping. This tire outlasted my previous Dunlop, Mich. S12, and Maxxis by a long ways. For the money I don't know how you can go wrong. And it's a middle of the road tire as far as surfaces: decent in mud, sand, and rocks. Someone once told me a hard terrain tire wears more quickly because they're made of soft/sticky rubber for better traction on hard sufaces. It made since but don't reall know if it's true. Check out www.rockymountainatv.com. You'll like it! :cry: