Sign in to follow this  

GMBIII TTalk/ATM Video Clip

Hey guys,

Here's a small vid clip of the TTalk/ATM race...Man..I had a great time...my first race on the my new CRF450...sorry I was still in Blue gear but I will take care of that shortly :cry:

I sure hated to hear about Raptures bike and the 2 broken wrists out there...other than that it was perfect..

I'll post more once I get more time :cry:

Please use my user name and password to get the video.

User:Kirtwell

Pass:King

Note: Click "Download Video" a small window will pop up..click "Save target as" on the next Download video.

VIDEO

Kirtwell....did you see me flagging the tabletop before the big uphill stepup? I flagged in the first round of motos...black TT shirt, tan shorts, tall guy. Saw you and Satch come around many times in that 20 minute moto, looking pretty good. Wish I could have been riding, heck, my leg is sore (in a good way) from climbing up and down the sides of jumps hahah.

Man I saw some 60's and 80's crash hard on that tabletop, lots of action. All of them seemed ok though and I managed to keep the other riders from plowing them, that is a bad spot to crash, completely and utterly blind until you get to the landing and see someone laying at the bottom of that big drop...

I sure hated to hear about Raptures bike and the 2 broken wrists out there...

What happened to Rapture's bike and who broke their wrists? Were they TT members?

They way you blew by that kid makes me think "cherry picker"! And where did the squirrely kid at the start finish? :cry:

hey jboomer, this was the ATM/TT class, it was open to all ages, bikes, and skill levels...it was a fun class that had alot of different people in it, no cherry picking, LOL...also the guy that gets squirly off the gate is an over 30 rider that is pretty darn fast, he finished 3rd in the over 30 class which was 8 laps!!! I did the same thing in moto #1 off the concrete starting pad, never did get the hang of that thing...later people

You didn't post the part where you wussed out and got pimped (big time) by the LawDog.....LOL.

Fun race, especially the first +30/+40 moto.

Would love to see more footage.

James

Hey therapture,

Yes I saw you out there..but I regret never having a chance to meet you in person...I looked for you several times and never found you...you were busy with your bike I guess :cry: :cry:

LawDog,

Yes we did have a good time...but you must remember one thing..."Nothing about Kirtwell = Wussed out" :cry:

For the record here guys..I'm an O40 rider...and Lawdog is a fresh..brand new 30 year old...a great rider..but he will only know in 10 years how hard it is to run with the younger guys..but wait a minute...who got the hole shot big daddy? and who led the first 6 laps? :cry:

You rode great bro...all the guys in the O30/O40 riders were great....I had a blast and there will be some more footage...ASAP

NorCalRider,

I believe there is a post about rapts bike..I think it explains everything....and one girl...16 year old..in the AllThingsMoto crew fell and broke her wrist and another young man on AllThingsMoto did the same..I don't have all the details but I did see the young girl..she was in great spirits but a little disappointed she didn't get to race...she was sporting a huge cast on her left arm :cry:

Lata guys

I was just...busy. Tripping out that my bike broke....while my friend was riding it...and crashing the hell out of it too, him getting jacked up and all woozy in the head, and my brand new subframe getting trashed along with my exhaust system...oh well.

We will meet for sure after I get healed up and head that north direction to ride with you guys up there at Nocona or somewhere.... I had a great time anyways, talking with some new faces and speaking with Mike Berg a few times. Getting teary eyed while flagging from that table top, as the TT class finished the moto, as Mike came around and lead the brothers across the finish. I finally watched the GBMII dvd...I was crying half the time. In the video, when Mrs. Berg spoke of the man that was supposed to meet Garrett at Floresville the day of his accident, she spoke with his wife, and they never got to meet...that was me, I really got emotional then. I got teary eyed again when I was talking with Zoohoot out on the track while I was flagging, I told him I finally had seen the dvd he made...

Amazing how a kid I never met in person, can affect me so much. He lives on in his family and his actions. Great people all of them, and I know there can never be a greater, better person than Garrett was. Even coming close to his standards of living is a tough act to follow...I only hope I can raise my son that well. He will be with me next time I ride out at Splendora. I can't wait.

Amazing how a kid I never met in person, can affect me so much. He lives on in his family and his actions. Great people all of them, and I know there can never be a greater, better person than Garrett was. Even coming close to his standards of living is a tough act to follow...I only hope I can raise my son that well. He will be with me next time I ride out at Splendora. I can't wait.

Man,

You said it all right there bro.........

You better hollar at me once you're back in the saddle...we'll have a blast at Nocona.. :cry:

and we might even drink a few cold ones :cry:

You didn't post the part where you wussed out and got pimped (big time) by the LawDog.....LOL.

James

Just found this on www.Houstonmotocross.com

Ok..Kirtwell is on #505....and LawDog is on #91....Need I say more :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

101004-0784-SP_num23_huge.jpg

hmmm...last time i checked the race is not won at the first turn. :cry: but a nice pic none the less! :cry: looks like i missed out on a great weekend! damn collarbone. :cry: kirtwell, you and satch and crew ought to come down to cycleranch the weekend after thanksgiving. huge race that weekend. we will be camping the whole weekend again.

james, you coming down then? glad nobody got seriously hurt at the race... :cry:

hmmm...last time i checked the race is not won at the first turn. :cry: but a nice pic none the less! :cry: looks like i missed out on a great weekend! damn collarbone. :cry: kirtwell, you and satch and crew ought to come down to cycleranch the weekend after thanksgiving. huge race that weekend. we will be camping the whole weekend again.

james, you coming down then? glad nobody got seriously hurt at the race... :cry:

I would love to come down to Cycle Ranch...I'll pass it by a few buddies and see if we can all put a ride together down there....keep me informed on it OK?

thanksgiving is the 25th. the races are the 25th-28th. if you guys need a place to stay i have enough room at my place. bring tents and such to camp the weekend though. this is a race you shouldnt miss. just ask those that have attended. :cry:

Ouch, that pic hurts. It sucked b/c the only reason I was wayyyy out there was b/c Kirtwell got three kinds of sideways coming into the corner. The cool thing is that right after that pic is taken. Kirtwell hammered the guy that was behind #23 and I made it out of the first turn right behind Kirtwell in about third place. Excellent.

It did suck being behind "the skirt" for a few laps. On the old Yamaha, I could motor him badly on the straights. But the Honda has wayyyy more beans.

I guess I have to say that Kirtwell didn't actually wuss out, he just ran out of steam after a few laps.

That guy #23 was motoring in the 0/30 class. I had to catch and pass him in the second moto.

James

#23 in that picture is Slick from Houstonmotocross.com I'd guess hes only had that 05 450 for a little over a week. He was on 2 strokes so I'm betting he'll get faster as he gets used to it.

I may have missed it, but which track is that video from, looks like a blast!!!!!!!

Trying to figure out if its close enough to make a trip too!!

Sweet Vid Kirtwell. It sure was nice to finally meet the king :cry: All your posts make a lot more sense now :cry:

I just wanna know one thing? How is the new skirt holding up? :cry:

Guys, those of you that haven't met Kirtwell, or therapture for that matter are missing out. Great people. I didn't meet lawdog, but if I make it next year, I will for sure. :cry: