Sign in to follow this  

How many people?

Ride their E model up and down the freeway? I ask this b/c I have been looking at getting a S model recently but I'd rather have the E. I just want to make sure that the E can pull highway duty (short runs). My commute is 15 miles one way to work and is mostly highway. Can/Will the E model beable to handle this kind of ridding? Keep in mind I just sold my '00 WR400 b/c I found that it was not condusive to be ridding on the street. Anyhow, I'm sure this has been asked but I have not the time or patience to run a search on this, so please help a brother out!! I'm really not sure why or how it is that the S is so different than the E that it can be run on the highway!

It'll work just as well on the road as the s model, the only thing you may want to change is the gearing.

Tires and gearing are the main differences for highway use. I have done what your are wanting to do and personaly I would go with the "S" if I were doing it again.

I just started riding my 02 E on the street. The gearing is stock, and a comfortable cruising speed seems to be about 50MPH. Anything sustained over 50 feels like I'm revving the piss outta her, so I steer clear of the highway. Changing the gearing would surley remedy this, but I have a CBR to ride on the street, don't wanna ruin the dirty goodness of the DRZ!