Sign in to follow this  

Ride with my dad

I love to be able to ride with my dad. My mom is anti-motorcycle, so I never had a bike till I was on my own and bought myself one. My dad used to own bikes and race offroad in the 60's and early 70's, but sold all his bikes when I was a kid. Well he bought himsefl a bike at the beginning of the year, and I love to be able to ride with him - it's a great feeling.

He bought one of his favorite bikes - Honda CL (scrambler) he wanted a 305, but they were really pricy, so he bought a 1973 CL 450.

Here is a pic of me and him this weekend at some local trails :cry:

DSC01798.JPG

And here is a closeup of his bike

DSC01795.JPG

Had a high school buddy with one of them. They were an ok scooter make sure to change the oil frequently. They are picky about that. other wise just ride the heck out of it. They are good old motors. prairiedawg :cry:

I love hearing about the dad/son riding thing. I just bought my son a YZ80 and then sold my harley to get a DRz400S to be able to ride w/ him. Trouble is, thise DOT sport-knobs belong on my 19th-month old's trycycle. Better-yet, his Barney-mobile I'm sure his mom will want to get him for Xmas!! Enjoy y'alls riding time. Family memories are the BEST! :cry:

Awesome that you still get to ride with your Dad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tell him to stay away from mud holes, that bike is to sweet to get dirty!! :cry:

I love hearing about the dad/son riding thing. I just bought my son a YZ80 and then sold my harley to get a DRz400S to be able to ride w/ him. Trouble is, thise DOT sport-knobs belong on my 19th-month old's trycycle. Better-yet, his Barney-mobile I'm sure his mom will want to get him for Xmas!! Enjoy y'alls riding time. Family memories are the BEST! :cry:

Hey sceason, where in Chesapeake do you live?????

I grew up there, my parents still live there and I live in Ocean View :cry:

we need to get together for a ride, I know a few spots in Chesapeake :cry:

Awesome that you still get to ride with your Dad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tell him to stay away from mud holes, that bike is to sweet to get dirty!! :cry:

Yeah thanks - he loves that bike. He sure can ride it - we get haulin a$$ down some fire roads, and I can not ride that bike 1/2 the speed he can. Now my DRZ - thats a different story, I can ride that....but I do not see how he goes so fast on that bike, hanging the rear tire out and all :lol:

And about the mudholes......a few weeks ago we went riding and he sunk his CL in a mud hole - it took both of us to pull it out - and he is still complaining about finding mud on the bike :cry:

HZRDOS- I hope I'm riding with my sons when they're your age. So many families grow up & apart.

Yeah I love spending time with my Dad (and Mom - but she is not as fun)

we always go fishing together.....hell - we went fishing Sat. night after we went riding :cry:

I will be 30 next month, and my Dad is 56

I live about 30 minutes from My parents, so I try to hang out with them a few times a week :cry:

I just love riding with him because I never have before untill this year - and I know that time will catch us all so I am enjoying our time while we still have it :cry:

That is really cool that you get to ride with your dad!! Not a option with my dad, he was adamant about no motorcycles when I was a kid.

That CL450 was a pretty progressive engine with the DOHC for back in there era!! Wasn't Honda one of the first to have DOHC incorporated in their engine design??

Happy 'XPLRN' :cry: :cry:

That CL450 was a pretty progressive engine with the DOHC for back in there era!! Wasn't Honda one of the first to have DOHC incorporated in their engine design??

I think so....I am not too much up on the progression of older bikes, but I think I have heard that before :cry:

Now no one should be complaining about a stock DRZ-S on the trails if your Dad can throw that CL around! :cry:

I couldnt agree with you more :cry: :cry:

I know that I can not ride that CL like he can.....its all in what your used to I guess :cry:

Not many mean hills or anything where we rode, but we make our own trails through the woods - so plenty of stumps and logs we have to go over :cry: