Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400s Price check

looking into buying a 02 400s with around 1000 miles. What should i look for (other than scratches etc) and what would be a decent price.

im about 6' 220lb. is this bike too small for me? I used to ride a KTM 400 offroad only and it towed me around pretty good. I wouldnt expect as much from the drz.

ive got a street bike so the drz would be 75% offroad use.

thanks

UK or US???????

UK = I just picked up a '03 with 963miles on it for £3k absolute minter.

So i guess around £2700 for an '02 private, shop price add £300

I recently bought a 2002 DRZS with 280mi on it for $3200US. And that's in the Los Angeles area.

6 mo ago I bought my 02 drz400s with 3.9 Clarke tank and FCR carb with 1200 miles on it for $3100 The guy was 58y/o and never had it down.

I paid 2600 for a 00 400s with 4000 miles, excellent cond.,cfc case savers, new mcct in box (I installed), UFO rear light, new grips, new kenda's.

Thanks for the replies.

The guy wants $3400 for the one by me, didnt want to let it go for $3k ( i would have bought it ).

Took her for a relatively short test ride. It was fun and i miss my KTM400mxc.

My impressions:

1. bike is tall! im 6'1" and needed tip toes to touch the ground.

2. exhaust seems overly restrictive. Note was too soft.

3. power was less than i expected. I would be interested in trying a uncorked 400. Gearing probably had something to do with it also.

4. the ride on the road was suprisingly smooth, however yesterday was 25+mph winds and it was little scary (got blown around).

on the plus side:

Its a dirt bike! how i miss bombing around in the dirt, grass, over rocks, roots etc. I took the test drive off road briefly and it was awsome. Suspension seemed better than i expected (im 220lb). I ripped what wouldve have been a nice rooster tail had the bike come with decent tires.

With decent tires, exhaust, jetting, removal of uneeded weight i think this bike would be a ball offroad. I guess its probably the best dirt oriented DS available in the US.

Back last year I payed $2800 for a highly modified 2000. My unlce went to look at it because it was in the town that he lived and it was a guy that worked at a shop selling it but not selling it through the shop so he went down there to see it and they guy told him to go take if for a ride up the driveway of the shop and he went riding a wheelie down the driveway on it. I wish I could have been there to see the look on the guys face that was selling it. I don't think I would have wanted someone I didn't know doing that on my bike if they hadn't bought it yet. I would have let him though as he knows what he is doing but I wouldn't have known that if I didn't know him.