Street bike questions

so the air pressure would be 42 cold pounds per quare inch in his tires? would he measure this with a regular air pressure guage..... I wonder where i can find that manual.... ?

That's crazy amount of air. What kind of tire is that for? My sportbikes have anything from 30PSI to 35PSI depending on the weather.

so the air pressure would be 42 cold pounds per quare inch in his tires? would he measure this with a regular air pressure guage..... I wonder where i can find that manual.... ?

That's crazy amount of air. What kind of tire is that for? My sportbikes have anything from 30PSI to 35PSI depending on the weather.

....its what i read on the manual but the thing is the tires seemed pumped up... let me check and ill post it up....

Is it really a bike bike..? And of course ill be careful.... Always wear a helmet ? TIME TO GO DRAG RACING>>> j/p ?

Newer sportbikes run lots of psi in the tires.

Don't kill yourself to death on that bike.

Who would let a kid ride a rice rocket to high school?

its a 2000 model.... So its really that powerful.. ill just make sure i take precaution.. i mean, for lunch we go across the street to my freinds house fire up the bikes and haul ass to lunch ... i think i got it nailed down pretty much... but then again its just a kawasaki ninja ?

Newer sportbikes run lots of psi in the tires.

Don't kill yourself to death on that bike.

Who would let a kid ride a rice rocket to high school?

I've had 3 new bikes in the past 4 years and have had Dunlop 207rr and 208GP's and have never had over 35PSI in the tires. Guys at the track run down to 30 or a couple PSI under that. The new bikes don't have higher PSI.

No problem, watch your tire wear and you can adjust if needed. Make sure you go a couple PSI less in the rear, the front usually has a couple PSI more. This article gives a good take on where you should be. You'll gain more knowledge with experience as far as PSI goes. I change mine based on conditions. Good luck! ?

Dunlop PSI tips

I have Dunlop D208's on a CBR600 F3 and they say 42 psi cold. I run 35-38 psi.

As r_dawg says, they teach you at the track to run more like 30psi for best traction. Heck, you basically won't pass Tech Inspection if you have more than about 33psi cold.

The story they told us at the CLASS racetrack school is that the higher 35-42psi numbers that you see in the Owner's Manuals are for increased tire life and gas mileage. You give up a huge amount of traction when you run the higher pressures -- you will definitely crash out of the A-group bunch at the track if you run over about 32psi cold. The one other tip from the CLASS guys was that you should run closer to 34-35psi on the street if you anticipate hitting any potholes. Running 30psi and hitting potholes puts you at risk for denting your rims. I can show you my old VFR's rims if you don't believe me... ?

Population Control.

I learned how to ride a street bike in High school on a Honda 400 Hawk...moved up to a 500 contraceptor, than on to an older GPZ 750, a Honda 650 Hawk, now a VFR.

I think I would have killed myself if my first bike was a ZX-9 ?