Sign in to follow this  

Changing ICS springs...opinions?

Just curious what you guys that have gone to softer ICS springs think about it. I have talked to one person who really liked it and wanted to get some more opinions before I do it. What was the effect it had and what size did you go to.

I have used several diff rates with great sucess. The spring keeps the inner cartridge under pressure (like a bladder in a shock) so you can't go real soft. Some tuners don't like to change it and some do so to each his own.

doc

Kevin at Comp1Racing (C1R) did mine. He put in a 1.61 and it made a very noticable difference. The small stuff and low speed stuff was too firm and created arm pump...no more!

What do you weigh?What main springs are you using?FC did a revalve for me and i weigh 200lbs and they said use the stock .47 and put a 1.76 ics springs.But front was soft and rode at near bottom alot so i put back in stock ics springs and firmed it up alot.So they make a big difference on dampening.From my experence i wouldnt go lighter if you weigh over 180 lbs or will be too soft for mx but if ride trails or woods lighter is good.