Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis Black Headlight Cover?? I didn't know these existed...

I was browsing ebay and found this complete black plastic kit for the DRZ... it includes a Black headlight Cover to replace that white one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2493523983&category=35583

The Headlight cover has a crack in it or i would bid on it...

Where did this guy get this....

I've been looking forever for a black headlight cover....

If you read the description, the headlight cover is an OEM. It seems like I read on TT somewhere you could order them in different colors from Suzuki, but only overseas (UK maybe?).

AFAIK the acerbis kit doesn't come with it... (I bought one)

hey, can any of you UK TT'ers help me with this...

Find out how much it is...

Buy it for me and I'll pay you for it... you just got to mail it to me in Ohio!

I used the Kyrlon Fusion paint for plastics on my 01 yellow headlight shroud. I really liked the finish. It has a couple of places on the edges that the paint "rubbed off" when the paint was only a couple of weeks old.

The only thing I don't like about it was, it seemed to take a month or so to really "Cure", to a hard finish.

After 9 months of ride'n, it still looks good, has taken several scratchs, from tree branch's, and none of them are down to the yellow.

Also keep in mind that black plastic will be available soon from Suzuki since the DRZ400SM will be available in black as well as yellow. I'm not sure if the plastic is exactly the same or not, but I'm thinking of going this route for my rear fender and headlight. Of course the SM's don't get released until I think March of 2005, so it is a little long to wait (I'm impatient!)

Jerry

Thats spray paint, look on the inside of the thing you can see white.

00_1_b.JPG

yeah, i didn't notice that.... i think you are right... it is spray paint..

Well i already have a spray painted headlight cover...