Sign in to follow this  

YZF-250: Frame Guard over kickstand?

The bike I bought came with a great kickstand on it, however the frame guard cannot be used while the kickstand is mounted. Anyone know of a frame guard made to work along with a kickstand being mounted?

actually, I have an '04 YZ250F and I just did the same thing, except in the reverse order. The bike came with Works Connection frame guards and I added a PMB kickstand. Since they both use same mounting locations, I had to get creative.

Not sure what kind of kickstand you have, but this might help. I lined up the mounting holes with the kickstand on top of the frameguard and traced an outline of the kickstand mount onto the frameguard. I cut out that part of the frameguard. Then I mounted the kickstand, clamped the frameguard into place and drilled 2 small mounting holes into the subframe, and countersunk the holes in the frameguard. I used some fine threaded, countersunk allen head screws to mount it. I think it came out pretty good.

Here's a pic:

kickstand.jpg

I wasn't real crazy about drilling the holes in the subframe, but they are pretty small, and I'm not racing SX. And if I were, I guess I wouldn't need a flippin' kickstand either! :cry: