Sign in to follow this  

XR 100, can you just pull out the muffler material?

XR 100, can you just pull out the muffler material for more noise and power and leave on the spark arrester? Will I need to rejet or not, Thanks

There is no packing to pull out. There are 2 internal baffles welded in place. Remove the spark arrestor assembly and look inside the muffler can. I did the same thing to my sons '02 XR100R as I did to my wife's '04TTR125LE. Remove spark arrestor, cut off end of muffler (flange), cut about 2" of muffler off which includes one baffle, drill spot welds retaining 2nd baffle and remove interor baffle. Weld flange back on modified muffler, weld up spot weld holes, paint modified muffler and bolt spark arrestor back in place. I'll post a picture, maybe tonight. The muffler looks stock, just shorter and the sound is much throatier without being obnoxious.... and yes, you do have to rejet as mine would hardly run until I did. Open up the air box, add a BBR rev box and you'll swear you have a different bike.

😢 sure you will get more noise. but why? it severely limits your riding areas and most likely it will sound like crap anyways.in other words, DONT DO IT! 😢

😢 sure you will get more noise. but why? it severely limits your riding areas and most likely it will sound like crap anyways.in other words, DONT DO IT! 😢

XR100R-Pipe.gif The noise level on my stock XR250R was louder than the modified XR100R pipe. The TTR125LE was too loud in my humble opinion so I welded a down-turn to the outlet of the muffler which helped a bunch. The performance gains vs. noise level increase in my humble opinion is well worth it when combined with the other modifications listed. By the way, I will not run my XR250R with the noise baffle completly removed because in my humble opinion it is too loud and excessively sacrifices bottom end (just something to compare what I feel is acceptible)

Yeah thats why I kept mine stock. So knowone gets pissed off & I can still ride without people getting annoyed. But on my next bike. Im going with an aftermarket pipe.

on the older xr100's, you cannot take it apart, i noticed that honda started a new design, this stinks for me 😢