Sign in to follow this  

Suspension on CRF 250R

I'm thinking of sending my suspension out for a revalve and wanted to get people's opinions and experiences. If you've done a revavle, who'd you do it with and how do you like the result?

I'm still playing with the clickers. The front forks feel a little harsh still when landing flat off a single.

But, I never realized how much of a difference a high end suspension can make until I rode a friend's bike with a lot of suspension work.

Valving is something that I recommend you use a local shop. If something isn't right, they can usually work with you at the track and figure out what isn't happening. Communicating problems via mail or phone is difficult, not to mention the hassle of sending your stuff all over the country. The one time I had a bike revalved, the results were initially horrible. I met with the tuner at the track, he watched me ride, changed a few things, and it was a new bike. No way I could've explained what was going on as well as his observations.

Given that, I too have heard very good things about Factory Connection and Honda's. Fortunately, they now have a shop local to me if I should decide to go that way. So far, with a few clicks I'm happy with the stock boingers :cry:

Mark

I just sent my forks and shock to Enzo this afternoon. I called Factory connection, RG3, and local shops before deciding on Enzo. I actually talked to the guy who is working on my suspension, not a telephone guy. He was able to tell me what changes he would make for my weight and ability. He told me what springs I needed, and how the bike would be different/better after he revalved it. The other shops had the attitude of tell me what you want me to do, what do you think it needs? He was also the most reasonably priced, although cost was not a factor. I also read several other posts of people happy with Enzo. I hope I am another happy guy after I ride my bike. This time around I decided no shorcuts or compromises. It gets whatever it needs from the start. BTW, I didnt trust the stock suspension to save me on a short or long landing. I believe that stock is fine for trail riding or a light <160lb MX rider. Thats why I sent them off.

I just had mine done by Presicion Concepts in So Cal. The reason is i'm a little heavy, 187lbs, stock is for 155 to 170 range. I ride tracks that get rough during the course of the day and my bike started to feel wollowy and soft after a few break in rides. I chose them because they test alot with Honda and also ride alot with them at local tracks. Yes, they do the off road stuff for honda, but they test with them also at the same moto tracks I ride. So, bottom line they have an awesome setup for the 250R and I couldnt be happier with what is now the perfect bike.

Had suspension work done on 2 bikes and my daughters 250X is currently in my local shop for suspension work.

The questions to ask are: What do you want tailor the bike for track, trail, racing? How much do you weigh? Average spring rates are set for riders 150 - 190 pounds. If you are out of this range, new springs may be in order. Revalving is also weight related. This is why I'd reccommend a reliable local shop to do the work. They do it all the time.