Sign in to follow this  

Can a 88cc big bore xr50 beat a ktm pro senior??

Sometime next year I will build up my sons xr50 to hopefully beat a ktm pro senior at the dirt drags. How big will I have to go to get the horsepower that a ktm has which I think is 14hp..

i hope u have very unlimited funds........about the only way your gonna get 14 hp is with a Kitaco 124se. to find all the part you could need go to www.hondaminitrail.com

P.S. i dont know how old your son is, nor do i know his skill, but i strongly advise against putting him on a 14 horse bike.

I really dont think one of the KTM 50 Pro Seniors are really getting 14hp to the rear wheel, maybe in somebodies dream. All you are really going to need to beat it is a 88 Race Head motor from www.hondatrailbikes.com. I have outrun kids on 65's with mine and I weigh 120lb's, it should be all the motor you kid needs.

Those KTM's make more than 14 at the rear wheel!!

I've seen some close to 20HP with a pipe and some porting work!!! Really!!

Don't even think that you can get an XR50 even close to competitive to a KTM PRo Sr.

Not to say that you couldn't beat a kid on one because I have never seen a kid come even close to riding the KTM to it's potential limit.

The XR weighs a ton Compared to the KTM as well.

My buddies and I put an XR100 motor in a Z50 frame, extended the forks and made a chopper. that thing was fun, the 5 speed was awesome.