Sign in to follow this  

Motorcycle Shop - Help - Point of Sale cash register software

I have a motorcycle shop and am looking to move into the computer age and use a cash register connected to a PC. Looking for advice on what software works best in the motorsport industry. Anyone who owns/works at a shop and can give me some info on what you are using and how it works out for you goor or bad would be a huge help!

Thanks,

Mark

I've heard this one mentioned quite often. Several distributors, such as Parts Unlimited, even furnish CDROMS of inventory & prices that will import directly into the software. I've also heard that it's quite pricey.

Intuit, (Quicken) also has POS software available now at very reasonable prices.

EEEEYUP. Lightspeed is what everyone uses. Like the above post says, it is also expensive

I have installed this one for a buddy that owns a mower/small engine repair shop. It works pretty good and the support is great. No onsite installation but they walk you through everything. It also has direct links to Part Smart parts systems. I am thinking the price was like 15k for 5 users and a receipt printer?

http://www.softeksoftware.com/solutions/tba.php

Thanks for the info!! I've got feelers out to a bunch of companys about POS systems and some are fairly reasonably priced but was hoping to find a powersport related one. Checked out lightspeed and it looks to be what I need but yeah its starts at around 5k for the small shop deal - so not too cheep for sure. Right now we deal with parts unlim, tucker rocky, white bros and it sounds like lightspeed interfacecs with some of them easily.

Mark