ULTRA-LIGHT 2005 CRF250R

OKAY GUYS, NO SMART#@$ REMARKS PLEASE.

I AM DOING AN EXPERIMENT TO SEE HOW LIGHT I CAN MAKE A 2005 CRF250R. I WANT TO DO IT WITH ALL AFTERMARKET PARTS AND VERY LITTLE DRILLING. MONEY IS NO OBJECT. (I'M NOT USING MINE AND THAT'S GOOD, CAUSE I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH)

PLEASE SEND ME SOME IDEAS ON REAL AFTERMARKET PARTS TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT I GOT THE WEIGHT DOWN TO.

IF YOU HAVE LIGHT PARTS ON YOUR BIKE LET ME KNOW THE ORIGINAL WEIGHT OF THE OEM PART AND THE ACTUAL WEIGHT OF THE AFTERMARKET PART.

THANKS

TB

as they said.. titanium bolts everywhere. Carbon fiber for protection... light exhaust... etc.

I'd be interested to see the final result. I'm sure you could get that bike considerably lower than the AMA weight limit...... I wish i could afford to build one!!

Check out tires weights! I remember a few years back when one of the mags put a bike on a diet and they shaved some weight with perelli ( spelling?) tires.

Titanium, carbon fiber, shave the seat foam and plastic and use lighter grips ( waffle grips are heavier ). Also some of the after market plastic may be lighter as well? ?

No way, I dont think the hubs are near as light as stock hubs. I have an Excel wheelset and the bolts used on the carriers are in no way light. If you changed them to Ti they may get close but even then. I think the only way to get a wheel set any lighter than stock is with factory works magnisum hubs.

how bout excels? arent they supposed to be lighter then stock ?

Thanks everyone!

So far I have the WB Ti/carbon fiber pipe. What about Ti foot pegs are they lighter than stock?

Where is the best and most reasonable place to get the Ti shock spring? I have seen them and the prices are all over the board.

Thanks

TB

Terry,

It would be awesome if you could track your progress for us. Do you have acess to a decent scale??

Weigh the stock exhaust vs carbon fiber and report back to us.

I am not sure about the pegs. Tires and tubes can add weight fast.

Just ask me!! I run the Ultra Heavy duty tubes out of necessity(they weigh a TON).. and I also use the heavy Maxxis tires. Add that to the Pro-Rims and HD buchanan spokes.... VERY heavy combo compared to stock(but durable like I need!)

I'm sure you are aware... it's best to focus on unpsrung weight!!