Sign in to follow this  

CR85 Expert Swingarm and shock swap ?

Does anyone know if you can bolt on the swingarm and shock from a Cr85 expert onto a 04 CRF150 ? I was thing about buying a complete CR85 taking all the suspension off of it and selling the motor . I know the from eng will pretty bolt on with no problems, but was just wondering about the swing arm and shock. It would be really nice to get the rear disk brake also.

Thx

Dave

if your going to go through all the trouble to buy a complete cr85 and use all suspension, why not just swap motors???

it would be SOOOOOOO much easier to do that then try to "rig" upsuspension on a bike it was not made for.

The other question would be how hard would it be to place the 150 motor in the 85 chassis ? I know people put in the 100's all the time, but how hard would it be to place the 150 in there ?

Dave

the 2 stroke motors are pretty small. I dont know the size compared to the 150 and the 85 but im sure there will be enough room. The motor wont bolt right up so dont think it will. You will need to cut and weld new motor mounts in there....your going to need a COMPLETE cr85 minus the motor, carb, and radiator...no need for a radiator on a air cooled bike. You can prob still use all the airbox and whatnot as well.

I would like to do something like this except in an aluminum framed or even steel framed yz125 or cr125.

It doesn't fit, not even close. You need to cut and fabricate every piece except the steering head and the footpeg mounts.

Here is a picture of a CR85 converted frame for an XR100 motor and these are easy compared to the XR200/crf150/crf230.

xrboyz1i.jpg