Sign in to follow this  

ROSSI

Who thinks rossi has proved that he and his crew are the best team on the circut for many years?,and that honda have been shown that they are not the be all and end all of motorcycle racing!,even if rossi and yamaha do not win the title,would you say they are the most couragest team to enter top class racing in years?

Last year HRC said that they would "destroy Rossi" if he left them. Way to go Honda! Nice to see the Big H Evil Empire get theirs!

Rossi is simply the best road racer in the world at the moment,and by a huge margin. I can only think of two who stand comparison - Freddie Spencer and Jarno Saarinen.

what impresses me about valentino, is how composed he is no matter the situation. not only absolute mastery of his machine, but he is good at analyzing and perfecting setup. if he stays healthy, it does not look good for his competition for some time. michael schumacher comes to mind, but rossi does it with a sense of humor as well. :cry:

Yeah, aren't those clutch and throttle close-up shots incredible? So cool to watch how a master does it right! :cry:

Did you catch the electric upshifts with the throttle pinned, and then the touch on the clutch during the downshifts with the throttle closed (no blipping) and sliding the back end into turns? :cry: :cry: :cry: I wonder if he even runs a slipper clutch... Probably not -- he's got all the slipping touch in his two clutch fingers.

V.R. is god as far as moto GP is concered. :cry: :cry: :lol: All hail his holiness. :lol::cry: :cry:

Hey, Berkeman,

nice to see you finally came around on TT fender stickers. :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are any of his technique videos posted on-line? I would love to see technique videos of motocross stars as well, showing for example, how they use the brake, clutch and throttle on jumps etc.

Who thinks rossi has proved that he and his crew are the best team on the circut for many years?,and that honda have been shown that they are not the be all and end all of motorcycle racing!,even if rossi and yamaha do not win the title,would you say they are the most couragest team to enter top class racing in years?

I like how Biaggi went to Honda and he still can't win! Rossi goes to Yamaha and shows him how it's done. :cry:

Biaggi it's not the bike it's you :cry:

Rossi is the man and I hope to get to Laguna next year to see him.

Rossi had no challenges left at Honda.

They were fools to let him get away.

Just as they were with McGrath and Carmichael.

I wake up with a smile each day knowing Rossi is signed with Yamaha next year as well. I look forward to his continued development with the bike. There is rumor of Colin Edwards or Nicky Hayden joining him there to assist with parts testing. It would be a good move for them.

BTW, Rossi's bike does use a slipper clutch. pretty much all of the 4 strokes are using them.

Sheene, Roberts, Lawson, Gardner, Rainey and Schwantz were great legends but were known more for their epic battles with riders in their classes than for being runaway artists. Mick Doohan was a great rider but had little competition when he won his consectutive titles. Spencer and Saarinen were both truly in a class of their own when they were active. Their unique individual riding styles redefined what could be done on the bikes of the time period and spurred huge development programs.

Rossi, is arguably, the best ever.

V.R. is god as far as moto GP is concered. :cry::lol::cry: All hail his holiness. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey, Berkeman,

nice to see you finally came around on TT fender stickers. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Wolf, Wazaaah. Yeah, let's just say that I had a little playful help from the moderators. And a little help from Photoshop on the G-rated version of the TT logo. It's all good.

That's amazing that Rossi still runs a slipper clutch and does all that beautiful modulation with his left hand. Probably the slipper clutch is set to only kick in when things get ugly. Man, that's art what he does with that clutch.

At my last couple CLASS schools (before I got my CRF450 MX rocket and gave up streetbike track days for MX days), they were starting to teach the non-throttle-blip clutch-slip downshifts. I've been practicing them on my F4 on the street, but haven't been able to try them at the track yet. Definitely the blip thing is disruptive for edge-maximum-smooth-tail-up front braking (clean back tire skipping).... :lol:

Are any of his technique videos posted on-line? I would love to see technique videos of motocross stars as well, showing for example, how they use the brake, clutch and throttle on jumps etc.

Nah, Valentino Rossi is the top Moto GP Superbike star right now. I don't think he cross-trains with MX, but he sure rules the pavement. Check out SpeedVision next weekend to see him win the premier world title (Moto GP). Extreme talent on pavement.

I like how Biaggi went to Honda and he still can't win! Rossi goes to Yamaha and shows him how it's done. :cry:

Biaggi it's not the bike it's you :cry:

Couldn't have said it better. Rossi is the best rider because he is well prepared and very technical in his approach to racing. It's not the bike. It also helps if you are born with racing leathers on.

It also helps if you are born with racing leathers on.

For sure!

Rossi's dad was a racer. He switched from bikes to rally cars. Rossi grew up in the pits. I have seen pictures of him at 3-4 years old riding by himself.

Honda also refused to assure rossi he would be their #1 rider in the team this season(meaning honda could hold him back!)and allow another honda rider to win the title,thus proving to the world that honda is the vital part of the deal and not the rider!,honda did not really give rossi the respect he deserved and this is why honda were so bitter towards rossi as they knew that rossi and some key members of his crew were the only one`s who had the knowledge and skill to beat them!,they just never believed they would have the balls to go out and do it!,or that yamaha were that close to getting it right,i for one will be doing back flips for a week if rossi his crew and yamaha win the title this year,because i truly believe they deserve it for the courage they have shown to take an also ran team to the very top in 10months!,some feat indeed.Also rossi did train on a motocross bike with enduro tires on tarmac,to help him learn how to power slide his race bike!,yep you gotta laugh at the stunts he pulls on the slow down lap after a race! :cry:

The Champ!! Rossi clinches at Phillip Island. Passes Sete at lukey heights on the final lap to win the race and series. Awesome race. The cup goes back to Yamaha after 12 years(al a Wayne Rainey) :cry: :cry: :cry:

What a man. He's a 130 lb brute in the Moto GP world.

I can't wait to watch him next year at Laguna Seca. Got my hotel already booked.

:lol::cry::lol:

:lol: :lol: :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Roberts, Mick Doohan, and Rossi seem like riders who jump to the next level.

I still admire Roberts for going fast, winning, and creating a lot of the techniques used for roadracing. I was lucky enough to see him race a dirt track Mile and at Laguna Seca.

I've read that Rossi rides a WR 450 supermoto around London.

If you haven't seen it then I would recommend watching documentery/movie Faster.

Faster Movie

Did you see the look on Sete's face at the interview? Man, if looks could kill . . .

Sete would be my second pick if Rossi couldn't win the title. He rides so smooth and fast, no other Honda can come close. Too bad about the bad blood between Val and Sete, because it would have been cool to see them both go to Yamaha. What a team they'd make.

Rossi is still tied to Yamaha for next year, but then I hope he goes to Ducati and wins again. An Italian rider on an Italian bike would be great. Bring it on home Rossi! Larry