Sign in to follow this  

2003 Stock XR250 WHEELIES WHOO HOO

I was wondering... Does anyone know if my complete stock has enough power to do a wheelie say in 2nd or 3rd gear if i rev real high and pop the cluth... I can do a wheelie pretty well if i start goin real slow in first... hold in the cluth rev real high and pop it.. I was wondering if i could do the same in like 2nd or 3rd but just with a little more speed. Also.. if the baffle is removed outta the pipe, will i have to pop the clutch to do wheelies or will it have enough power to do a wheelie by just givin it gas! Thanks

i pull my 04 xr250 up in 3rd without the clutch, its got the power, i could do it before i did the gordons mod, and i can do it after. I use to start in 2nd, shift to 3rd, shift to 4th, shift to 5th, but now i start in 3rd and shift up to 5th in my wheelies. Ill try and get a movie up sometime.

how did you pop the wheelies in third?? While you were going did u just give it gas and pop the clutch or did u just give full gas reall quick?

bounce the front end, lean back and gas, when you bounce it, on its way back up you give it gas and lean back, after i get it up i sit back down cuz i like sitting wheelies.

bounce the front end, lean back and gas, when you bounce it, on its way back up you give it gas and lean back, after i get it up i sit back down cuz i like sitting wheelies.

Sounds to complex :cry:

I just stand up lean back and roll on the throttle real quick like.

Somewhere I saw a post on clutching the front end up, it is the prefered method since its almost a gradual lift. Watch any of the guys that stunt streetbikes. Bouncing the front end then leaning back then gasing it gets the same results. But can bring the wheel up real fast and can easly cause you to loop out. Plus you run the risk of blowing a fork seal, seen it happen before. While your wheel is in the air, always cover the rear brake. By applying the brake you can bring the front end down if you feel like your going to far over, without chopping the throttle so you can most times continue on one wheel.

But like everything practice, practice, practice.

just a note from ht side.

IMHO, sprocketing will also determine the effort needed to wheelie. Larger Rears with smaller fronts will lift easier than small rears with large fronts on the same bike...

Just for those who maybe didn't know...

Cheerz