Sign in to follow this  

xr100 carburetor

i have an xr100 that seems to be running a little rich at 1/2 to full throttle. the plug seems to be carbon fouled. i live at 6200' and the temp is 60-80 degrees. the main jet currently is a 90 and the clip is one from the top. the motor and exhaust is stock. the stock air box and snorkel is gone, in it's place is an uni air filter. any ideas or suggestions on the jetting. thanks for any input.

What is the stock main jet size? You could try to go leaner by one or two sizes from the 90. The needle clip at position 2 sounds about right. You could go one more notch to the top, but that would be very lean and may be out of the optimum range for that needle. What is the part number on the needle? Compare this to stock, maybe you need a leaner needle. But needles affect low to mid mostly, so check maybe fiddle with that last. First, I would check the air/fuel screw. Find out the stock setting for "number of turns out". Adjust it to that stock number, then lean it, 1/4 turn at a time to see if it helps. I think turning the screw in makes it leaner, but not sure. There is more detailed info somewhere on here on how to do this.

thanks for the input. i will first check the air screw, i think you are right about the air screw direction.