thoughts on drz125l vs ttr125l

did you post in both forums?? if you just post in the drz....youll mainly get drz answers....i think theyre about the same...the ttr being a little smaller in l version (31.7 inches) and i think the drz-l is like 32...have him pick his favorite color....yellow (drz-125) green (klx 125) blue (ttr-125)

I'm with fastkevin, I was debating the same thing last xmas for my son. I ended up with the DRZ and have been very pleased.

Fastkevin's comment about the e-start is my thought too. As much as I want him to have cool stuff... he needs to learn to kick a bike. Not to mention less stuff to maintain and / or go wrong. I also got a good deal on a last year model.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

WHATEVER YOU DO,...... dont get a CRF 150! they are hogs! they weigh an extra 40 LBS!!! and 25cc aint no good with 40 extra LBS holding it back.

i had a tt-r 125L, BBR'ed out, a 5000$ bike, and it was sweet, no complaints except for the need of a yz 80-85 fork, which bolt on with some spacers.

id say go with the bike with the most, or best aftermarket support

Looking at bikes for my wife and here is the deal... Kawasaki and Suzuki are identical except color. They are made side by side in the same factory! Thus "Kawazuki". This is probably great for future parts availabilty and they run the lowest MSRP. Do you want Green or Yellow, that is the only question.

Yamaha offers 3 models, 2 with electric start & 1 model without, a disk brake big wheel equivalent to the Kawazuki "L" model. Otherwise you get E start, a little extra weight, slightly higher compression ratio. Also if you ever wish to dual sport the bike, the blue E start models will not require a stator rewind...

Also there seems to be quite a few '03 - '04 new bikes at local dealerships. Throw in another bike or two & come in hard and low!

I've got a '01 TT-R and I've got nothing but good things to say about it. I bought it for my wife because she had never ridden before and I have built the bike up over time to match her growing skills. With that said, I agree with most everyone here in saying that you really can't go wrong with any of the bikes in question. The TT-R has a large aftermarket following and that was one of my reasons for going blue.

So why am I on this board? My Christmas gift this year: a KLX 110 under the tree for me! Woo Hoo!!!

TSR ?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive ridden both, my UNBIASED opinion was that the TT-R has better brakes, and more torq. The DR-Z has slightly better rear suspension (stock) and handled much better than the TT-R. The DR-Z had more up on top in the RPM's. Even Dirtrider's playbike review said these things so... :excuseme:

Plus blue plastic WILL DRIVE YOU CRAZY when it bends, and scratches. "what are all those white marks on the fenders??? :bonk::busted: "

Dirtrider playbike reviews

• 9 months later...
Ride blue or Ride poo, My TT-R125L outruns the other three, plus it has the largest aftermarket.

BAHAHAHAHA!! make me laugh!

And jus to let u know, my DRZ whipped my friends TTR and he had a BBR exhaust. Even though i have a 24mm carb, he STILL shoulda outrun me according to you..right??? My DRZ is blue but its a SUZUKI at heart!

BAHAHAHAHA!! make me laugh!

And jus to let u know, my DRZ whipped my friends TTR and he had a BBR exhaust. Even though i have a 24mm carb, he STILL shoulda outrun me according to you..right??? My DRZ is blue but its a SUZUKI at heart!

Ha! me and my friend have the 2005s I have the yamaha and he has the suzuki.

evrey time we race i win

he even put a fmf power core 4 on his bike

it still wont outrun mine.

and blue suzukis are wanabe yamahas!

evrey time we race i win

Hate to bust your bubble, but the FMF powercore is a silencer with no header. If it was a full system it would output more power. The BBR exhaust on my friends TTR is FULL, header and silencer. AND, did u know that suzuki's original color ( i think was 80's) was actually blue? ouch, got u there

evrey time we race i win

you must me the coolest person on thumpertalk!!!

The Yamahas are geared higher than suzukis so they have a higher top speed

motocross in 90% rider, 10% bike

could we just end this dumbass thread its totally useless and has no point at all...!

Hate to bust your bubble, but the FMF powercore is a silencer with no header. If it was a full system it would output more power. The BBR exhaust on my friends TTR is FULL, header and silencer. AND, did u know that suzuki's original color ( i think was 80's) was actually blue? ouch, got u there

Well i hate to bust ur bubble. did i ever say it was the complete system no. i just said exhaust and did u no that yellow was yamahas color for a long time? I wont say it was their first but it was one of theirs. and by the way hes had to take his bike back 3 times in 1 year because of problems. My yami has never been to the shop other than when i bought it. And i think that all of us need to calm down its just bikes!