Sign in to follow this  

'01 DRZ400E pipe install...question

Took some advice and got the Yoshi (complete w/ head pipe)! The old is off and the new is going on. Do you suggest any gasket material or lock tight sealant, or just go straight in? The stock pipe looked goop free so I'm not sure. Any tips would be great! :cry:

I just installed my 04 drz400 full yosh kit and reused the header doughnut gasket and there was nothing for where the header slips into the mid pipe so I just slid it all together and have not had one issue. :cry: :cry:

Make sure it is spacered over enough on the rear mount (out toward the number plate) You dont want that rear brake caliper guard to dent your pretty new yosh when you bottom out your suspension :cry:

I just took the stock off and put the Yosh on, no leaks, runs GREAT!

I just installed my 04 drz400 full yosh kit and reused the header doughnut gasket and there was nothing for where the header slips into the mid pipe so I just slid it all together and have not had one issue. :cry: :cry:

Cool! My '01 didn't have a gasket on the stock pipe, nor did the Yosh come with one, but it all went together real tight. I haven't started it yet though..... :cry:

The only thing left is the bracket around the exhaust. It came with a rubber gasket which is easy to figure out, I just hope it doesn't melt! :cry:

I just took the stock off and put the Yosh on, no leaks, runs GREAT!

Good call! I'll do that! :cry:

How could you resist not starting it immediately?!?!

Funny thing......I just did! :cry:

Last question......for now. The clamp comes with a red anodized spacer and a bolt. The clamp has three ends..one to the frame mount, and then the others go together securely around the exhaust with the spacer between. My setup is missing the nutt. Did I get hosed on that nutt, or am I missing something? :cry:

Done deal! Hurray, I did it and no spare parts! If you knew me, you'd understand! :cry:

Anyway, between pulling out the snorkel and the new pipe, this thing is coming around nicely. Though it may need jetting, it ran pretty dang good around the block and had a lot more balls. Wheelies like a breeze! :cry:

I didn't ride it too long as I don't know what will happen if the jetting is off. Fowl a plug I suppose? I'll take it in to my friends at Corona and have them check it. I'm a happy camper though! :cry:

This is addicting so now what?

I just installed my 04 drz400 full yosh kit and reused the header doughnut gasket and there was nothing for where the header slips into the mid pipe so I just slid it all together and have not had one issue. :lol::cry:

Cool! My '01 didn't have a gasket on the stock pipe, nor did the Yosh come with one, but it all went together real tight. I haven't started it yet though..... :cry:

The only thing left is the bracket around the exhaust. It came with a rubber gasket which is easy to figure out, I just hope it doesn't melt! :cry:

:cry::lol: Tust in me the rubber will be fine I have run mine very hard on the freeway and gotten very hot the rubber is good to go :lol: :lol: :cry: