Sign in to follow this  

Trak Master 760 first street ride report

It was an interesting ride to work today on them. I mounted them , unbalanced. Im used to leaving my house and wheeling 2nd through the gears. Not on these tires. They just spin. It was very uneasy getting on them. They are very notchy in turns and kinda rough on the road in general. when my speedo said i was doing 60mph it was actually 52mph. no more stoppies and wheelies light to light. New fun thing on the road is they break loose everywhere. just a little throttle exiting turns puts you in a slide. makes for a good show. I hope once the knobs wear a bit i can get more traction. there is alot of flex on the knobs. This weekend ill see how they do in the mud.

anyone come up with a good pressure for the tires on the street?

I'm sure the mold release just has to wear off :cry: I hear ya though, corners require easy throttle :cry: In the dirt however... :cry:

half cab, the front tire is 3 ply, the rear also says 3 ply. i thought they would be hard from what people are talking about. I havent pushed them on the street because its sketchy right now.but ive worn down a 45 degree angle about 1/2inch down the rear threads already. i think there is just alot of knob flex. maybe ill take some vid of it

Its definitely the mold release agent. I had the same problem last weekend after I put mine on. After a few hours or riding, wheelies again! I agree though, the front tire is weird feeling on the road.

What size for the rear tire did you guys get? I am looking at getting one but am not sure what I can fit.

for the rear i went with the 120/100x18 its a little taller then the sidewall on the trail wings. i guess you could go another way and get a thinner lower profile tire, might be better on the street, dont know. 50 miles on mine street wise and they are still slick. If you have to commute every day on your bike i wouldnt choose these, especially if you hit the highway. my speedo has been throwing me off. but they shimmy and shake a good deal. im considering a second set of rims with trail wings for the street, we will see once these break in fully. the front knobs are wearing like ive never seen. the back side of the knob is wearing but not the top. i wish i could get a high res pic of it. I am still trying to find the magic psi on these tires, no luck so far. i did manage to get it almost completely sideways on a 90 degree turn today, :cry:

Hey Matt, saw your post. It said BR mountains VA. I live in Blue Ridge. Let's hook up and ride! Call me 540 977 4252.

the front knobs are wearing like ive never seen. the back side of the knob is wearing but not the top. i wish i could get a high res pic of it.

Your front tire is out of balance, it will not last wery long like that, been there done that.

I ruined a few tires running them not quite balanced right.

I was using the weights fitted by my dealer way back when i got the bike fitted with its first new knobbies, the weights were way off and it ate front tires, the pattern i bet was exactly the same way you describe.

This year i balanced my front tire more wisely, before fitting the tire i weighed the rimlock at my local hardware store using their digital nut/bolt scales and simply added that weight opposite and it worked, front tire is not even dot and it has lasted all season :cry:

i dont have a rim lock on the front. I think the stock wheel weight is on there. maybe this weekend ill throw them on the bubble balancer, its supposed rain the rest of the week anyway.

thanks for the heads up.

You can tell if its out of balance as you would feel the bike bouncing/pulsing, my bike did it at town speeds or just above before i got them balanced right and now its much smoother at prowling speeds :cry: