Sign in to follow this  

Cracked another rib today

This is the 9th time. Worst part is, I didn't even crash, don't even know when it happened. I was in a close battle with 2 other guys on our new track, and all of a sudden, there's the old nail-in-my-side pain of a rib injury. Damn, I haven't busted one for a few years now, this sucks. At least I'm used to it, I guess.

Just had to vent, what a cap to the worst year of riding I've ever had. I don't even have a good story to tell.

Man, that sucks. Ive had a bad year riding too. My bikes been down since march, so i didnt even get to sit on a bike, much less ride one, all summer.

i broke 3 ribs two weeks ago.....its the worse..affects everything you do

This is the 9th time. Worst part is, I didn't even crash, don't even know when it happened. I was in a close battle with 2 other guys on our new track, and all of a sudden, there's the old nail-in-my-side pain of a rib injury. Damn, I haven't busted one for a few years now, this sucks. At least I'm used to it, I guess.

Just had to vent, what a cap to the worst year of riding I've ever had. I don't even have a good story to tell.

That blows. So was it one that you had broken before or is it a new one? I don't know how some guys ride with fractured ribs, never done it but I can imagine. There is a difference between fractured and broke, did you break it or just refracture?

Hope ya heal before next Spring :cry:

Its one I've broken before. It makes a clicking sound when I stretch or breathe deep, so it isn't right.

Lets see, the first time, 3 got torn out of my breastbone. Then I broke 2. Those were about healed, and I broke a different one. Then 2 more a year later. Needless to say, I am used to racing with busted ribs. This is just one, just below my right pec. The ones further around the side were harder to deal with, and hurt more.

Man, rib injuries suck! I ditched my bike bc my dog ran in front of me… my fault tho. Anyway, I bruised a rib or did something, these damn rib injuries take forever to heal; in fact, they just get worse. It wasn’t that bad when it first happened, but the more I ride, the more it hurts – not while I’m riding, but when I get off the bike, it freakin kills me. It’s almost like I get a cramp or something and the pain just pulls me in two, then it goes away until a certain movement …or I breathe. Feels like riding is jarring something loose (gives a new meaning to “floating rib”) but I can’t stop so I guess I’ll just chalk this up to another chronic pain from riding like my torn rotator cuff – yeah, one of these days I’ll get that fixed too. :cry:

Its one I've broken before. It makes a clicking sound when I stretch or breathe deep, so it isn't right.

Lets see, the first time, 3 got torn out of my breastbone. Then I broke 2. Those were about healed, and I broke a different one. Then 2 more a year later. Needless to say, I am used to racing with busted ribs. This is just one, just below my right pec. The ones further around the side were harder to deal with, and hurt more.

How the heck do you break ribs so often? Is this a bar in the ribs type injury or a bail in mid air and smack the ground injury? Have you broken other bones or has it just been your ribs?

Sorry so many questions just curious. :cry:

The first time, I had pneumonia, and I coughed so hard it blew my breastbone apart. I was leaned back on the couch, and when I coughed it threw me forward. Everybody in the room heard it. All the other times (except for today) happened in whoops, and most of the time I got the bars between the halves of my chest protector. Just luck I guess. Other than that, I've had a broken nose and some squashed fingers, that's it.

I hated when my sternum, and all the ribs on my right side were broke, along with a punctured/collapsed lung from a street bike accident back in 99. It hurts just thinking of breathing and feeling every thing flex. Ribs take forever to heal, it took about a year before I could do anythings with out noticing the pain. Good luck and enjoy the pain relievers. :cry:

sternums suck i did mine and i kept racing with it and it still hurts a little after a year

I'm not taking anything. Good thing I'll be back to to work in a couple days, office type stuff, no strain on the ribs. Bad thing is, it was pretty dusty yesterday, so I'm having to cough a lot from the dust in my lungs.

The first time, I had pneumonia, and I coughed so hard it blew my breastbone apart. I was leaned back on the couch, and when I coughed it threw me forward. Everybody in the room heard it. All the other times (except for today) happened in whoops, and most of the time I got the bars between the halves of my chest protector. Just luck I guess. Other than that, I've had a broken nose and some squashed fingers, that's it.

Do you think there might be something wrong with you? Have you ever had a bone density test done??

Its not bone density, its just my heavy ass falling on the bars! I've taken plenty of hits that were hard enough to break other bones. With the breastbone thing, the ribs tore from the cartilage. I was in really good shape then, it was just freak thing. Note to self and anybody else reading: SIT UP STRAIGHT.

Its not bone density, its just my heavy ass falling on the bars! I've taken plenty of hits that were hard enough to break other bones. With the breastbone thing, the ribs tore from the cartilage. I was in really good shape then, it was just freak thing. Note to self and anybody else reading: SIT UP STRAIGHT.

:cry: