Sign in to follow this  

small rocket race report

track was awesome! little worried in a.m. super muddy in practice but turned out nice, as all of us devoted rocket riders knew it would.CONGRATS to DWB.One for coming out 2 for busting out the 1-1 performance in 250C. SANDBAGGER...BAHAHAHA....j/k. Fun stuff huh Chris? I told you!

As for me ....i went 2-2 in Vet C for the overall first loser award.Had it in the bag in 2nd moto and threw it all away with a stop by NEUTRAL IN A CORNER and gave up the lead.Tried my hardest but just couldnt get a wheel in.Followed his rear tire all the way across finish! Damn.I really woulda liked that 4 footer!Oh well! Still had a blast! What a sorry turnout too! COME ON GUYS! LETS GET IT TOGETHER AND RACE! Mark gets too many more of these and we may not be riding there in the future.I say race on sunday then get the damn football highlights on primetimme! 😢

Hehe. As you saw from my other post, I will not be running any 250C's anymore - At least at Rocket. 250B at least.

I just really had no idea what to run! The last MX I ran years ago, I ran 250/OpenC, and actually got like 10th or something at Sleepy Hollow.

I know I've gotten faster since then, but I didn't know what to expect. It's possible that's just a really good track for me too (as I LOVE Rocket), so I may do another C race here in D6 sometime, and if I do really well in it, for SURE upgrade to B. More than likely though, I'll just upgrade and be done with it. I don't plan on racing alot, and when I do, it will be at Rocket, so I want to be fair.

I felt bad for running C after I finished up with the races. I didn't expect such a long lead. (So THAT'S what it feels like for Bubba, hu?) That's not fair to the true C riders.

Brian, you need to get some lap times for yourself! I should have recorded you too, so you could do that.

2nd moto, I was a 2:16; 2:16; 2:18; 2:18 according to the video. That # 4 guy that is super fast, turned a 2:03 when I timed him. He was way ahead of the rest of the field too, so hmm, I wonder! 13 seconds faster. That's a load of time, but I know I can push it harder when I need to. I get very un-motivated when I have no challenge or nothing to work for. I'm betting I could shave that down to 8 seconds or so a lap at worst. That's good I feel for one of the top A riders as comparison. The only guy faster than him was that 578 guy that went to that national. He was a few seconds a lap faster than #4.

IF I could ONLY get my arms to stop pumping up!!! (My right hand specifically). ARGH!

I didn't get to watch your last race! I wish I'da seen that. Dad had just finished up, and he was a tad upset about letting that guy back by and not being able to do anythign with him. Still, for a 52 year old guy, he does pretty good I think!

You were definitely gaining on that guy though the first race. The gap just kept closing. He WASN'T jumping that finish double, which earned you a second or two a lap right there. I know you said he will jump it if he needs to, but if he doens't jump it and lets you close in on him, man, all you'd have to do is possibly pressure him into a mistake, where, if he had been jumping it, you may not get close enough to force his mistake!

What happened when you neutraled in the turn, just slow down, or tip over? Usually I tip over when I neutral in a turn! 😢

Mark really needs to get more people there though. He has such a nice facilty with such good work on the track, I cannot believe people don't race there or even just ride there more often. 😢

It was a Honda yes. Black backgrounds, white numbers.

I believe it was a 4 stroke - which would make it a CRF! He actually hung back one race for 15-20 seconds and let everyone get ahead, and passed them all for the win. 😢

yea thats Mike Foor...funny..last name and number...lol.That kid smokes dude.Its just incredible watching him race! btw crf250.

DWB-i didnt fall or anything.just hit N and knocked her back in gear AFTER he got by.not by choice mind you. 😢