Sign in to follow this  

do u need to on them?

do u need to hold with your knees when going through whoops or not? because i have heard that you should on some forums and not on others. 😢

you need to squeeze just hard enough to stop the bike from swapping from side to side but keep it loose enough to let the bike move up and down without making you go up and down with it 😢

i dont. when your on whoops think of your pegs as the pivot point. your body will stay still leaning back and your arms will soak up the rotation of the bike. as mxtjb said you can use them to keep the bike from going side to side but if your on the gas and keeping pressure on both pegs equally it shouldnt jump too much. letting it bounce around might actually help

I dont think it's possible to hold it with your knees if you're skimming through whoops. Unless you can move your whole body back and forth with the bike. Keep your body real loose, and learn to rock the bike through them.

I dont grip the bike at all in the whoops.

I let the bike see-saw like one of those crazy rocking horses suspended with springs. I make the pivot point be the pegs. The faster and bigger the whoops the further back I get. Its common for the rear fender to give me a slap or two. 😢