Will a DRZ be enough for me?

I came off of a '99 KX250 and a CR500 before that. I have ridden my 400E for thr last two years in love, its so much fun to ride. I dont do much motocross though and its prolly a good thing, the DRZ is not really right for motocross. Its heavy(although you dont feel the weight while riding) and the suspension is soft. Off road is another story, you can ride the DRZ all day long and still want to ride more, its easy and fun to ride.

After two years of riding it, im ready for something lighter so im now looking at an '05 KTMexc. I still cant part with the DRZ so its going to become a full time street legal motard

Good luck with your search ?

My last two bikes were a YZ400 and a CR250. I thought that the DRZ would be a little underpowered compared to these two. But really, its like comparing apples and oranges. They are different bikes and really don't compare at all. I like the DRZ the best, it has taken a little money to get it to where it needs to be, but is now well worth it.

Once piped and jetted, it has plenty of power. I do not have nearly the motor mods that several of the people around here have, but find that it has all the power I need for the riding I do which is single track and some river bottom. I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

I find mine will pull nice strong power wheelies with little effort in 2nd and you can clutch it up in 3rd without too much troubles. You can also rev it out in second and hit about 50 mph. Its just such a fun bike.

With the right mods it really gets on it. ? :cry:

As for the weight... Ya its kinda heavy but you can remove a ton on an S model. E is already fairly light.

I removed the E start items 100% and converted to a half-assed kicker on my S model which saves about an extra 10 lbs. All about how far you want to take it. ?

It should be what your looking for ?

I came off a YZ 250 and got a DRZ S. I jumped my YZ. (Ramps and freeride) And I jump, freeride and MX my DRZ S. I love it. I'm going to hit my ramp after I put in .48 fork springs and 5.7 rear spring. I've jumped a 40'-45' jump with stock springs. So you should be fine.

Check the laws in your state. Some states are easy to change your C.O. to a Street Title. If its not a ploblem, go with the E. From my understanding the E has a little hotter engine. I've never riddden the S, so I could'nt tell you the difference. I will tell you, I never find my self needing more throttle on my E. ? :cry: