Sign in to follow this  

How to sell CRF150F

Anyone have suggestions on how to set a reasonable price for an '04 CRF150F? Has about 200hrs, new rear tire, sprokets and chain. Never had a single problem... Selling because my son has outgrown the 150... is overriding.

Also have an '04 CRF80F....less than 100 hours. My youngest son never really caught on to the sport.

I plan to advertise in the local paper, cycle trader and possibly TT. Would prefer to find someone in this region (SE) rather than ship.

Any advise would be welcome! :cry:

Anyone have suggestions on how to set a reasonable price for an '04 CRF150F? Has about 200hrs, new rear tire, sprokets and chain. Never had a single problem... Selling because my son has outgrown the 150... is overriding.

Also have an '04 CRF80F....less than 100 hours. My youngest son never really caught on to the sport.

I plan to advertise in the local paper, cycle trader and possibly TT. Would prefer to find someone in this region (SE) rather than ship.

Any advise would be welcome! :cry:

200 hours on it??? Thats a lot.

Make sure the bike runs flawlessly, has no damage and bearings are in good condition.

I would just look on cycle trader.com for prices on those bikes, then base it off of that :cry:

Good point about the 200hrs.... may be on the high side.... he rides 4-6 times a month for a couple of hours (riding since the first of the year, xmas bikes), so my estimate may be more the total ride time versus run time. I need to think about that a little.

You bike should have about 60 hours on it then. I have had mine since december, and I rode it almost once every week or every other week, being at the spot for 4 hours or so. My bike would get about 2 hours of run time on average.

Just a little food for thought :cry:

if you dont know for sure, then dont even advertise how many hrs it has.

No one is really going to ask how many hrs the person put on the bike...well they may but not all sellers really know unless you have a hr meter or a trail tech on it.

The buyers are just going to make sure there is no strange sounds, the bike rolls free, dosent smoke, and seems to run good with good compression.

Thats all i would check, then also what it looks like etc.

so when you advertise it dont even mention the hrs is my advice.

Hey there tree_dodger, it's Travis from Manchester. Have you set a price on the 80 yet? A friend of mine at work may be interested in it. :cry: