Sign in to follow this  

how does my form look?

Lookin where your goin, up on the seat, up forward.

I'd say all thats good. But kick the inward leg out more, and keep the elbows up. Sit on the edge of the seat as well so your leaning the outside more. I cant really tell, but if you arent gripping the tank with your outside leg, then do so :cry:

it looks good..you only need a few small things..

1. put those elbows up, your elbows arent up enough..

2. make sure you distribute your weight on the outside foot peg and dont stya to far on the inside of the bike ..

3. try to get on the tank just another couple inches..

4. your leg that is off the peg seems to be hanging there,your knees bent ,try to keep your leg straighter and out farther

thats all i really have to say other then that it is great..

Agreed with the eblows more outward!

and all the other stuff :cry:

I'm still victim of not doing enough of one thing or the other. sometimes I get them all right :cry:

I just noticed there was a rut right next to you. Try using it to your advantage if it's a good line :cry:

The biggest thing I was going to mention as well was that nice berm. Why were you not in that? I see some dirt in the air - was someone ahead of you or something that you were trying to not follow? That berm looks wicked fast.

Try gripping the throttle more like a tennis racket or a golf club. It will help keep your elbows up more while on the gas. I'm probably not doing a very good job at describing this but if you try it, it might make sense.

BTW, What track was that at?

Yeah the berm is relly fast but there was a guy in front of me but all the roost is from me you can relly hit it hard on the outside. any more advice?

its really hard to tell but the kid in teh background looks like he got roosted :cry:.

its really hard to give advice on pictures because we dont know what the begining or rest of the turn looks like. As everyone is saying elbows up. it will give you way more control. pick your inside leg up and get as much weight onto that outside peg and use your inner thigh for leverage on the tank. anytime i can use a berm i do it or rail the outside. usually middle middle out will loose you speed but like i said its really hard to get good advice off something like this. a vid would definately help.

Yeah well i tryed today to keep my elbows up and as hard as i tried they wnated to go down when i leaned foward what do i do?

you need to lean forward and up then. Go sit on your bike and put your chest over your handlebars with your arms pointing straight down to the grips(like at the gate). now with your feet on the ground lean your bike left and right while keeping your chest and your sholders still. Ofcourse its a bit extreme sitting there but push your chest forward and see how it feels. make a box with your chest arms and bars. when your on the bike it helps to slide forward as much as you can on your seat and lean the bike under you keeping more upright then the bike. when riding you want to extend the line of your forks up to your chest and that should help keep those elbows out. Just keep rolling those shoulders forwards and keeping everything square. i hope this helps a little.

good luck

To help me keep my elbows up I positioned my bars as far forward as possible without making them uncomfortable to hold. Also, I position my levers down so I have to reach down to grab them(your wrist stays straight when holding levers with elbows up). If your like me your wrists like to be straight. I've heard that this is bad for arm pump, or it tires your wrists out easier, but I don't seem to have a problem. I've never tried to position them flat like I've been told(which makes your wrists bent when holding the bars with your elbows up). Just my 2 cents, though.

Have more pic soon for you guys to comment on btu they will be in black in white my mom gave me the wrong film.

I took two lessons in the last month on cornering from Bill Willian at Suspension Plus. I recommend him highly. He has worked with Ryan Sipes (Team Green) and Shawn Clark.

www.suspensionplus.com

Bill told me to keep my outside elbow high when turning, weight the outside peg, and use your inside boot to weight the front wheel by having your inside knee hug the radiator shroud. You don't actual touch the wheel but use your leg to transfer as much weight as possible to the front wheel. He doesn't worry much about the inside elbow. Weighting the front wheel is very important when the turns are flat or dry and slippery (we have had little rain for two months) to keep the wheel from sliding.

We worked a lot on staying on the throttle until just before a turn and then using both brakes to slow just enough to make the turn and allowing your momentum to carry you into the apex before accelerating out of the turn.