Sign in to follow this  

EBAY SCAM?

<font color="navy">Why do you think its a scam? With a feedback rating of 98% on 474 transactions, it seems they've proven themselves legit. I hate auctions that have such high starting prices, but still, it's $1,000 under MSRP. Anyway, what's causing your alarm bells to go off?

Call these guys and find out. Fun Mart Cycle website Same name as the ebay auction, both in Moline Illinois. Ebay feedback seems pretty high, probably no picture because they cost extra to put in an auction. If it is used I would definitely want pictures but if it's new I can see one at a local dealer. Hope this helps.

no pictures .....no bike description... and it happens to be a brand new 05'... they say they're dealers... FOR A GREAT PRICE.... sounds to good to be true

by what i see its a 04? seems like a good deal but not so awsome that its to good to be true. i dont think its a scam.

I don't see scam either. Lots of positive feedback and a quick look showed the one recent negative was from a guy buying a used bike (i.e, "buyer beware").

I don't see a problem with this on a 2004 new bike with that kind of feedback but, then again, I wouldn't buy a bike off of Ebay regardless of the deal unless it was within driving distance.

Everything looks legit to me. Why do you need pics for a new bike? I'd still contact the lister of it to make sure I knew all the details if I was buying it, but I don't see anything too scary here.

Funmart Cycle is a ligit dealership in Illinois. Tim Taber, the owner, races harescrambles & other offroad woods events for KTM (they are also a KTM dealer). internet. I know this because my father bought a 520exc on Ebay through him, the tranaction was smooth & he got it for a VERY good price. Tim even brought the bike in a crate from Illinios to Coalinga, Ca where he was going to race that weekend. All we had to do was drive up there and pick it up. He didnt even charge for transporting it. The bike was perfect.

So next time please do a little research before you make your accusations.

I see you have changed your post, maybe now you realize I live somewhat close to them. Not only that but I've been there before and got to see how unprofessional this place was first hand. I can honestly say that I will NEVER go there again.

I'm glad your transaction went smooth. But that does not mean that we can ignore the people that were ripped off simply because they are not the majority.

This is a place where information is shared. If someone has a bad experience or gets ripped off they should let people know about it so it doesn't happen again. Dealerships that screw people over, even if it is only a few times, should not be in business.