Sign in to follow this  

Bikes in Motel rooms...

I'm headed for Illinois this Thursday and must stop halfway because of work schedule and late departure. I'm planning on getting a motel with ground level room and hauling my bike in the room overnight. Sure aint leaving it on the trailer. Anyone else do this? Any tips or suggestions from experience? Thanks...

the bars might be too wide for the door so make sure to bring some tools to take it off to make it fit... Thats mostly it.... Have fun :cry:

:lol:think about this for a minute , wont you ? :cry: if they let greasy whores in hotel rooms :cry: why not a greasy motorcycle ?:cry: ive done it before what they dont know wont hurt them :cry: :cry:

I've done this with my Harley. Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel because your a light sleeper. That way no one will see you push it in the room. I haven't had a problem, just pissed the neighbors off when I fire it up in the morning to leave!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol::cry:

You would certainly not be welcomed back to my hotel. It is not easy to get rid of the gasoline smell, to say nothing about oil and/or grease stains. Please don't do it. However, if you really don't care about the hotel and its property, at least be sure to put plastic or a tarp under the bike.

As a better alternative, check with the front desk to see if you can leave it somewhere out front in full view of the desk clerk. Obviously this means staying at a hotel that has an employee on duty 24 hours a day.

the bars might be too wide for the door so make sure to bring some tools to take it off to make it fit... Thats mostly it.... Have fun :cry:

I had thought about that one, but I figure if I can take the handlebar grip that is opposite the door hinges and slide it around into the room, the width requried to enter the room drops to the radiator shrouds and remainder of handlebar. I don't know I haven't tried this. Anyone try this method? Will this work? :cry:

I had thought about that one, but I figure if I can take the handlebar grip that is opposite the door hinges and slide it around into the room, the width requried to enter the room drops to the radiator shrouds and remainder of handlebar. I don't know I haven't tried this. Anyone try this method? Will this work? :cry:

i think just loosening the bars would be easier.... 4 bolts are a breeze to un-screw.... just make sure you tighten em nice and tight when time to leave..... Once again... Have fun :cry:

It'll fit.I keep my 426 in the house.Just don't let anyone see ya bringing it in it's against the fire codes.But fkm if you leave it outside some bung hole will steal it. :cry:

To get my bike out of my garage, i have to go through a door.

Lean it left and turn left, roll though, then lean it right and turn right. Once the bard are though, push it all the way...

Start in the middle of the door, and turn the bars right before the door, and lean, push through, then immeiatly turn the bars, push and lean right :cry:

Lean it left and turn left, roll though, then lean it right and turn right. Once the bard are though, push it all the way...

Start in the middle of the door, and turn the bars right before the door, and lean, push through, then immeiatly turn the bars, push and lean right :cry:

sounds like dance steps.... :cry:

sounds like dance steps.... :cry:

Yeah, the bike wont mosh with me though :cry:

But my girlfriend will! :lol:

:lol:i once rode my bike up the stairs thru the front door thru the house and out the master bed slider without putting my foot down 1st gear and clutch control the wife just stared in awe and said nothing :cry:

You would certainly not be welcomed back to my hotel. It is not easy to get rid of the gasoline smell, to say nothing about oil and/or grease stains. Please don't do it. However, if you really don't care about the hotel and its property, at least be sure to put plastic or a tarp under the bike.

As a better alternative, check with the front desk to see if you can leave it somewhere out front in full view of the desk clerk. Obviously this means staying at a hotel that has an employee on duty 24 hours a day.

Thanks for your concern. However, I must continue with my plans. As for the gas, oil and grease, I am not servicing the bike, I'm simply guarding it for the night because I don't trust people, and that would include the desk clerk, too, unfortunate as that is. If I had a bike that dripped oil and grease my problems are much greater than putting a tarp down to protect the room. But for this trip I'll place my very clean bike next to my bed and sleep well. :cry:

If you run around on the bike before putting in the room, definitely let it cool off first. I stuffed 3 sportbikes in a hotel room once, but we forgot to let them cool off first; the room temp quickly shot up over 100 degrees :cry:

Sasquatch..... just do it.

I stored my my HARLEY!! at overnight motels many times. Never got busted cuz it DON'T LEAK!!

:cry:

We used to stay at the Holiday Inn outside the front gate of Crooms cycle park in Brooksville, Florida. You could ride right out of the back of their parking lot into the riding area. Most of the top pros would stay there while getting practice around the time of bike week. I have been in rooms where they were doing whole engine breakdowns in the bathtub. Most of those fellas had big trailers that they could lock down but several of us would keep our bikes in the rooms with us overnight.

don't ask, don't tell. :cry:

And I can tell you, from experience, do not leave your bike outside. There are groups of theives that target motels, esp. ones right by the interstates. The motels know this and certainly aren't going to speak up about it before they take your money. You can be assured that they will have a sign posted that they ARE NOT responsible for thefts from their parking lots though.

I lost a FZR1000, a GSXR750 and a 3 rail bike trailer during a Moroso park road racing weekend, this way. They were never recovered. It sucked, big time. The policeman who took my report said they were called to this particular hotel each race weekend. It was a big chain Hotel off I-95 at the exit to moroso motorsports park in West Palm Beach. It had happened at least 3 times that he knew of, a total of a dozen bikes. The hotel manager said he knew about the other thefts but wasn't going to turn business away because of it.

I often have wondered whether the hotel office people and the theives were in cohoots! :cry: