Sign in to follow this  

Help with bump jumps

I have trouble with 12 to 18 inch whoop-sized, jump bumps. Often there are one or two just before a corner. Sometimes there are double jumps made of these small jumps. They are too far apart to ride like whoops.

Do you pre-load and hit them hard? When I hit them medium fast my back wheel kicks up and the front end tries to jerk my shoulders out of their sockets. :cry:

HELP!

Make sure man that U grip that seat with your legs and Look past this obstacle when u go over it, I can just tell from the post that, Your looking at the obstacle, just look past it and try to "flow with it" :cry:

scrub some speed just before the jump, and blip the throttle as the rear tire hits the jump. It will keep the bike level in the air.

you know how blipping the throttle on the face of a jump can cause the bike to superman, this is when it works to your advantage. At least on a 4 stroker.

Use the first one to loft up your front tire and keep it up and then land it on top of the second bump/jump and you will be fine

Best way is to try the loft technique with the front wheel and let the rear take the hit on each bump. I had 4 of these in a sweeping turn at one of my series and it took me 4 races to figure it out. I basically tried to keep the front wheel light and slam into each one. Only the Interm.'s and pros could actually jump them.

right as your front wheel is leaving the jump gas it and throw your weight back, should level you out. Are these braking bumps? or actually put there

yeah answer this then i can give yout he best answer on what to do.

These jump bumps were made with a tractor. They are uniformly 15 to 18 inches tall all the way across the track. You could put several of them in a sequence to make a whoop section, but right now there is one stretch with a single whoop/jump bump and another section with a small double jump made with two of these small whoops 10 to 12 feet apart. You have to hit the small double to have enough speed to hit the larger double 15 feet behind the first double. A 180 degree begins after the landing of the second duoble. It is almost a supercross setup.