Sign in to follow this  

05 YZ 250f 1st ride report

First off I'll tell you that we have had 03,04 and now an 05 250f. We have dealt with the miss and all the other crap.

All I can say about this new bike is WOW! I cant believe they found that much more power in this motor.

More bottom, more mid and when the rev's start to build you had better have the bike pointed in the direction you want to go. Dont get your but to far back on the fender or it will leave you.

On top of that the new fork is magic after a little break in. The shock broke in much faster than the forks because I was floating the front over alot of bumps. Did I say it had more power?

Very impressive Yamaha. :cry:

Cant wait to see the holeshots these machines pull :cry:

Eric

Oh man....ur getting me VERY anxious to try one!! You can seriously feel a big engine performance differance?? I've been told the forks are sweet already, but hadn't heard much about the motor...tell me more!! :cry:

Now we know why it took so much time for the 2005 YZFs to come out...because they are going to steal the thunder from the aluminum-framed 125 and 250 2 smokes. :cry:

STFU!!!! You shouldnt be comparing the 250 4-stroke to the 250 2-stroke. My Aluminum frame 05 250 is a much better bike than my 450 4-stroke. My 450 handles like a boat. It also is obviously faster and it handles alot better than my 250F. I havent ridden the 125 but its supposed to be a rocket. I dont know if it will match the 250f in power but the handling will be far better.

Although my favorite bike I have every owned is my 250F.

I've rode the new 125 and had doubts about getting my 05' 250f, I own a 03' and have owned a 02'. The new YZ125 has a great motor and is so light it's incredible. Ideally both would be nice for diffenent tracks. I know if I don't get my 250F soon I'll be getting a 2 stroke, the wait is killing me. :cry:

my only concern on getting an 05'yzf250 is that when the 06' aluminum frame model comes out, the 05' will be rendered "archaic"...and it would have to be sold VERY cheap to get rid of it. Which I guess is already happening with the used bike market in general due to these 0/0/0 deals...everybody just gets new!!

How did it pull? I know its light and the handling is good but how did the motor pull?

I should also tell you that this is my 13 year olds bike I was breaking it in. I weigh over 260lbs and this little motor pulls really hard all the way through the RPM range.

My friend and I are seriously consiering NOT reinstaling the PowerNows that we have used in the past.

I just sent the suspention off this AM for a respring and re valve as my son only weighs 120lbs with all his gear on.

Out of the box bikes are unsafe for light weight riders to race and jump.

I'm getting ready to buy an '05 YZ250F as well. Just need to find one! After owning '00 WR400 and a '98 KTM 250MXC, I think the YZF will be a refreshing change..easier to ride, lighter weight, still enough oomph to climb hills and ride technical terrain. Can't wait :cry: Glad to hear the '05 is much improved! Now just need to get my dirty little hands on!

thats funny. I am holding out on the kids 05, until ktm comes out with the new one. He's up for a refreshing change too. :cry:

I'm sticking with blue this year, but I may be sending the 450 back for a 250 2 smoke if I cant get what I'm looking for in it.

iam buying an 05 as soon as they come to my dealer. the 04 is going to be my spare bike! at my dealer the 250f's are always sold out :cry:

for those of us in the northeast U.S.I have been told that next week is the week for YZF 250's. they will arrive at the new jersey distribution center on Oct 18th, should arrive at local dealers within a few days from that, i know we all cant wait. safe riding

for those of us in the northeast U.S.I have been told that next week is the week for YZF 250's. they will arrive at the new jersey distribution center on Oct 18th, should arrive at local dealers within a few days from that, i know we all cant wait. safe riding

Yeah to bad everyone has deposits down on them and the dealers are only getting however many they sold last year. Im screwed cause its impossible to find one that someone hasent already put a deposit on.

The dealers I talked to were saying like 1 now, 1 in december, and 1 in march. I cant wait til after march. I ride moto tracks on a CRF230 that Ive f'ed up the suspension on twice already. So its not like I have a decent bike to ride until then. I can only do small jumps for now. Im so tired of dealers playing games with me but I just dont trust the CRF, KXF, or RMZ enough to get one.

just wondering, is the wr250 getting the same upgrades as the yz250f?