Sign in to follow this  

what parts will switch from 03 to 05 crf450

i have some parts i was wondering if you guys would know if they will switch to the 05, carbonfiber skid plate , works connection radiator braces. extra rear wheel??

Skid plate and radiator braces will not transfer. I think they changed the diameter of the rear axle - not positive though. If they did the rear wheel won't fit.

I kept my spare rear wheel from my 02 CRF and it fits my 05 CRF450 as well. My Cycra handgaurds do fit. I still have a SDR seat from my 04 and that doesn't fit the 05. The 04 and 05 air filter element appear identical. I hope this helps.

02-04 skid plate dont fit..i just got a works connection one for the 05 though..and i ordered radiator braces..they are a must have for taller people my knees hit and are already making the radiators want to move in, ive also hada couple freinds just fall over on theirs and the raditor got trashed..

Were you able to get a Works Connections skid plate for your 05 already? Where did you order it from? Thanks

Air filter is the same as '03-'04. I thought w/the new frame they'd expand it a little. Works Connection says they'll have skid plates & rad guards available in 2-3 weeks!

Just wanted to give a quick update on our '05 CRF450 stuff. The skid plates are all new for '05 and we will have them by 10/22. The new Radiator Braces will be set to go by 10/29. Engine Guards are also new for '05 available 10/29, and the last new item for us is the rear master cylinder guard due 11/2. I hope this helps you guys to have a better idea when the stuff will be done.

The new skid plates include air holes in the front (similar to our CRF250 plates) and they look and fit great. If you have any questions or comments post them our shoot me an e-mail. Thanks...Eric