Sign in to follow this  

which bike crf250x, klx300, wr250

I need help on which bike would suit me best i ride some badlands, trails, and small jumping, i need a bike that i can stack many miles and and be reliable to me, i have a hard time walking by my bike and not taking it for a spin, i am about 5' 10" and 260lbs. thanks guys.

The wr would be my choice for you out of the bikes you mentioned, it is good for trails and should jump a little for you and be reliable. But for your weight i would recomend a slightly bigger bike like a wr400 or any other 450. If you don't want a 450 you can always get a big bore kit for the wr250.

Hope that helps ya! :cry:

I know what bike you do not want,, and thats the klx300. I had one and hated it, very underpowered. Right now i have a 250x and love it,, no problems out of it yet, But for your weight i would say bigger bike also. i had a XR400 and loved it also except for the weight, it is a very reliable bike. Have you checked out the DRZ400?? good luck with what you buy/

opps i meant 160lbs, i was also leaning towrd the cfr till i heard about the valve problems then looked at the wr

why are you only looking at little bikes? inexperience? i own a klx331, and it's a fine playbike, but if the 3 bikes you listed were the only ones on earth, i would get a wr250. fortunately, there are other bikes, so in real life i would save a bunch of money and maintenance time and get a ktm 2-stroke (200, 250, or 300, all are incredible bikes). i am also fairly light (165 lbs) and the 250 4-strokes feel underpowered to me. i'm sure i could go just as fast on one, but i like a little bigger bike for my riding style, which is more short-shifting and lugging the engine rather than winding it out.

mw

I have owned both a KLX300 and now a CRF250X.

KLX is a great handling bike. Very nimble and quick. To really do the trick it needs new fork springs, better front brakes and a pumper carb. Few extra little mods and it goes great with good bottom end response (something lacking with the carb upgrade)

The CRF is a purebred though. It turns, goes, stops, jumps like a Porshe. Underpowered? if you need to do 70mph a lot or pass people on tight trails, but other than that I would challenge anyone to ride another bike at a faster pace than the CRF. As others have said, there are lots of great choice out there, but I LOVE my CRF, and the fact that is it pushbutton start. Have fun shopping and take your time!!

I own both, 2001 klx300 and 2004 crf250x. I bought my green monster in Feb.2004. I liked it untill I had to start it again on a hill. My buddy had a electric start yami and kept laughing at me on the trail. I finaly had enough on our last ride in July. I bought the 250x and the first time I took it out I was in instant love. Nothing like pushing a electric start button!! :cry: I have had no problem with either bike. The kawi is a tank and less nibble. The crf is a rocket and lite weight. I still own both. My buddie rides the kawi since he only owns a quad now. But for size. I am 5'9" with a 31" inseam and on the heavy side and prefer the crf in tight Washington st. trails :cry: