Sign in to follow this  

Rad Braces??

I'm planning on buying rad braces for the KXF and I'm hoping someone out there has an answer to this question. Will I lose any cooling capability/efficiency if I use a rad brace like a Devol (that goes in front) instead of a Works Connection type (that is only behind)? I've never had any cooling problems and I don't want any after I instal the rad braces. Thanks.

they are different braces. The Devol protects against rocks hitting the rad the Works protect against bending.

blocking flow from either side will have the same effect (diminished cooling) there should be holes, slots, etc. drilled into the braces to aid in airflow, however it will diminish some cooling capacity.

Thanks for the replys, but I was hoping that someone had actually installed either style of rad brace and had noticed that the bike was running hotter or that it really made no difference.

I'm asking because I thought I'd heard that the plastic louvers in front of the rad actually aided in the cooling by speeding the air up when it changed direction. Thanks

All 3 of my fs have msr guards installed, have had no issues with any of them.

Cover the front, very simple design,and reasonably priced,around 30.00 dollars, mounts easily and helps strengthen from side impact also on the kawis.

Excellent, I like the price too! I haven't seen them listed, where can I get them?