Sign in to follow this  

Rebound Damping Force Adjustment

OK I posted some other questions about suspension in that forum but I think I have a more specific question regarding my YZ250F.

I had an issue where I would be getting too much height and not enough distance. I thought I was loading the suspension on the way up. I adjusted the low compression damping force screw to higher (more damping) thinking this would decrease the "loading" on the way up the jumps. Boy was I wrong. I launched even higher.

After reading the manual some more I think what I need to adjust is the Rebound Damping Force. If I am reading correctly, this should decrease the "kick" at the peak of a jump while maintaining the amount the suspension can absorb on landing, I see the picture in the manual but I cannot locate this adjuster on my bike.

Please, please, please someone tell me if this sounds correct and tell me where the heck this aduster is located....please :cry:

I believe the rear shock rebound adjustment is on the bottom of the shock. You have to lay down to see it, it sits below the swingarm near where the shock connects to the linkage. I can't remember which side of the bike it is on though. It is just a small flathead screw.

I believe the rear shock rebound adjustment is on the bottom of the shock. You have to lay down to see it, it sits below the swingarm near where the shock connects to the linkage. I can't remember which side of the bike it is on though. It is just a small flathead screw.

It's on the right side of the bike where the linkage hangs off the stand. Try in increments of 1 or 2 clockwise and go test.

:cry: