Sign in to follow this  

fuel screw

Hi, can anyone tell me how to install a "easy adjust fuel screw" on my 2003 CRF 450. Do I need to take out the actual fuel screw and glue the "easy adjust" fuel screw to it? THANKS!! :cry:

Most aftermarket fuel screws replace the existing screw. Never heard of an "easy adjust" fuel screw. Remove the stock screw, and compare the ends. If they're the same, then put the spring/washer/o-ring on the new one, and screw it back in.

Make sure you count and record how many turns it takes to fully seat the stock screw before you remove it, so you can install the new one at the same setting.

I think I have seen these "Easy Adjust" screws on Ebay. Yes you do epoxy (glue) them to the end of the jet in the carb.

Remove the jet first. :cry:

Shane

(glue) them to the end of the jet in the carb.

Remove the jet first.

To the JET??!! :cry: You sure about that? :cry:

He meant fuel screw. Just a small drop of super glue in the end of the fuel screw extension and push it onto the stock fuel screw. Its a cheap piece of crap aluminum but it works just fine and you don't have to remove the jet.

yup pretty sure, but I called the damn fuel screw a jet, sorry. Anyway I read the description on ebay and saw the instructions when I googled it.

Quote from Ebay "Here is a aluminum fuel screw adaptor for the Keihn FCR carbs. Utilizes your existing fuel screw to allow quick easy adjustments of the pilot circuit."

Sucks huh? That is why I bought the Zipty.

Shane

I used them on our yz250f's. What I liked about them was that the knob is round rather than a T shaped stem. It makes adjusting it with the gloves on very easy.