Sign in to follow this  

Asterisk kneebraces best price ?????

Got mine at my local Honda dealer for about $500.

Mentioned AMA membership and got 10% off of $549.00 :cry:

Prolly some will say they got theirs cheaper. :cry:

I doubt you'll find them cheaper than $500. Asterisk doesn't like anyone selling them under $550.

Can you get a prescription for these from your knee doctor? If you have a bad knee that required a doctor's attention, that is. I have heard of some that will do that.

Can you get a prescription for these from your knee doctor? If you have a bad knee that required a doctor's attention, that is. I have heard of some that will do that.

No. They're purposely not considered a medical device to keep the price down. You can get a prescription for a CTI, and they're around $1,000 a piece

my CTI2 should be here any day now. :cry: i can't wait. the cool thing about the CTI is that it's a $1200 custom brace, but if you get one, your insurance picks up the bill. i only paid $100 for mine, which is a great deal. i hope it lets me get back to riding hard again.

my CTI2 should be here any day now. :cry: i can't wait. the cool thing about the CTI is that it's a $1200 custom brace, but if you get one, your insurance picks up the bill. i only paid $100 for mine, which is a great deal. i hope it lets me get back to riding hard again.

Complete reconstruction left knee, I use a CTI for that leg. If you have had a surgery you need to get a CTI. There are a couple new knee braces on the market this year that look quite promising. Not sure who the manufacturers were, if I see, I'll post. (I think one of them was six six one.)

For post knee surgery the DonJoy Defiance III is a contender.

My ortho/prosthetics technician (via prescription) would have ordered me one Asterisk brace for my knee with partially torn ACL and meniscus. It is possible.

Sorry to side track, but I thought I'd pause this thread for a moment to pay tribute to Redtractor's avatar:

106743-ohmy.jpg

Ya' know I didn't even notice, thanks for pointing that out to me.

Seems she's been getting along sliding on her shiney pants all this time. :cry:

Thanks guys!!Just recovering from a major dislocation of my left knee but no major damage have already had reconstruct of right knee. Should have got braces long ago. as they say hind site is 20/20 my asterisk cell braces will be here tommrow. Will be off to the harescrambles sunday :cry:

Yo spotted hows things in the south ?? Gonna race anymore off road or are yah stickin to MX ??

Becareful with this. If your insurance limit is used up from doctor visits and what not you can just stuck paying 1200 dollars. My plan covered anything up to about 3500 dollars. But that got used up from MRI and other visits. So by the time it came to get the brace the plan switched over to where I had to pay the next 1500 and then they would cover anything after that at an 80/20. So just make sure you will really only be paying 100 or your insurance covers it. The CTI's are worth it though. I love the one I have!!! Just got stuck paying in full for it. :cry: