Sign in to follow this  

TX Dual Sport conversion

Looking to DS a CRF250F or DRZ400E in TX. DRZ400S prices are solid, however lots of 2003 DRZ400E's at dealers.

1. Metal tank reqd?

2. Exhaust Mod/Replacement Reqd?

3. Radiator fan?

4. Oversize front disk?

Thanks DCS

I'm going to be dual sporting a crf230 in the spring. You need a headlight with hi and lo beam. Brake light, rear light (in theory license light, but the rear light seems to be enough), DOT tires (I have had them check), horn, brakes and an exhaust system. No requirements on sound level, you just have to have an exhaust. Horn can't be a bicyle ringer type, must be a powered horn. Turn signals aren't required, but I have heard that if you have them they must work.

I've had inspectors check the liscense plate light on a CBR I bought from a guy who cut the fender off. I just cut a hole in the bottom of the taillight and super-glued a piece of clear plastic over it so that the taillight showed down onto the LP. :cry: Turn-signals are NOT required, but if you have them the DO have to work. Good luck!!!

:cry:

I'm going to be dual sporting a crf230 in the spring. You need a headlight with hi and lo beam. Brake light, rear light (in theory license light, but the rear light seems to be enough), DOT tires (I have had them check), horn, brakes and an exhaust system. No requirements on sound level, you just have to have an exhaust. Horn can't be a bicyle ringer type, must be a powered horn. Turn signals aren't required, but I have heard that if you have them they must work.

You also have to have at least one mirror

BM :cry:

Right, knew about the mirror just forgot to list it. Good idea about hole in the tailight to light the plate.