Sign in to follow this  

Which bikes can run on Mexican gas?

I always have a lot of gas after eating Mexican food

but I haven't been able to get any bike to run on it.

If it was me I would get the XR as it is a more bullet proof bike overall and may treat you better on the long haul.

Are you crazy, I know that xr's are a reliable bike, but to say that they are better than a DRZ... well thats just crazy talk :thumbsup:

Are you crazy, I know that xr's are a reliable bike, but to say that they are better than a DRZ... well thats just crazy talk :thumbsup:

What about those side cases on the drz that made of glass?

We get the super duper mexi gas in 1 gallon milk jugs from a nice old lady near Laguna Hanson.

Forgot the name of the place, but you can also buy some real Mexican food and sit on the edge of an open well next to a chicken coup full of 1 gallon jugs of gas. They charge like $4-$5 a gallon. But up there you have no choice unless you want to walk back. :thumbsup:

The stuff ranges from rust brown to lemonade yellow.

now that is the real mexi gas.

I drain my carb and tank after going there and run good stuff through the system.

never did any more damage than the food.

One time I got a burrito from the taco truck at the local home depot and I had mexican gas for days. Not only would I clear the room, I'd clear the whole freakin house

$25 upgrade

so the new xr's need no armor? oh yea there are no NEW xr's

Don't get me wrong. I am no big Honda fan, but I have seen some drz's fall asleep forever. To Honda's credit they did discontinue an obsolete design.

Don't get me wrong. I am no big Honda fan, but I have seen some drz's fall asleep forever. To Honda's credit they did discontinue an obsolete design.

don't get me wrong, I love all bikes :bonk: , but why would you suggest that someone buy an "obsolete design"? :thumbsup:

just givin ya a hard time (xr's will be around for a long time to come) :thumbsup:

I think Mexican bikes run okay on Mexican gas, but If I was you... I'd keep good old American quality high test unleaded running in my dirtbike. 93 Octane is good for just about any engine especially one with higher compression over 9:1.

All my dad uses in his XR400R is 87 octane seeing as how expensive gas is nowadays.