Sign in to follow this  

You want how much????

Decided that since I'm only going to have to use the tool once, or so I hope, I called around to see how much it would cost to have a service dept. pull my rotor. For anyone who may not know, my engine it out of the bike and in the process of being torn down. This means I would deliver an engine with the rotor exposed and ready to go. All they would have to do it put the puller on it and screw it in. The closest two suzuki dealers, kaw dealer is a theif, are both 45 - 60 minutes away in opposite directions. I called the one in Eugene thinking I could make another stop and get my new bars on the same trip. The guy said it'd be the minimum $35, so I explained again what it was, he said $35. I explained that I'd be picking up over $100 in misc. other things at the same time, he still said $35. I talked to the service manager and he said that yes it would take less than a couple of minutes to do it, but it would still be $35.

So I called Cycle Country in Salem and the service guy said, "bring it in any time, no charge" I didn't even have to tell him I was going to buy other stuff. I give the guy who does it a tip that is for sure, and then I'll spend some money in their shop.

Geeee, I wonder what dealer you called in Eugene 😢 Though they often have the parts I'm looking for, The service department is on drugs. I think They have gotten used to charging what ever they want to there Tractor customers,, who just have to suck it up,, and get things fixed and back in the ground....

Did ya try Grand Prix?, I'd bet at worst it would be their standard $10.. It took them longer to charge my shock then it would pull your rotor 😢

I didn't try gran prix because I figured the puller is so specific to bikes/quads that they don't normally see so they probably wouldn't have one. Besides that last time I was there I was the only customer in the place with three employees, it took them 20 to charge my shock. 15 of those were of me waiting at the counter with it while the three of them were joking around at the desk. All three knew I was there. 😢

Don't get me wrong I'll give them another chance, I just didn't think of them at the time I was calling.