Sign in to follow this  

my first 450f...making christmas list now...early

I'm coming of a 04 CRF250R..I felt I was too heavy for the bike and needed more power....so I have a 05 CRF450R coming....

I wanted to know what should be on Santa's list for it..is hard to come up with a list without ridding the bike first but I though you guys would help me out some..

1. DID gold chain (non o ring) ERT gold I think it is called. I mx only..what kind of sprokets don't like renthal on my 2 stroker they didn't last too long...I have used the JT steel good stuff but heavy... :cry: what gearing is good ..is stock good enough?

2. New twin air flter..always can use more air filters..keep them clean :cry:

3. One piece numbers... :cry:

4. Dunlop 773 tires or somehting like that..evenone else run diff tires...for soft to int stuff in FL..

5. New slip on...not sure what kind :cry:

6. Zip Ty fuel screw ...

7. JD kit (if he has one out)

what other things can I place on list....no hubs or rims Santa is not rich... :cry:

Don't waste $ on the DID ERT chain. I learned the hard way. They work great on 2 strokes & 250F's but the 450's have to much tourque. I highly reccomend the DID XRing chain. Hook it up w/Ironman (or Steel) sprockets and you will not have to adjust after the first ride. + they'll last a season.

I'm curious, what happened to your ERT chain?

I anticipate the stretching (not as much as stock) but as long as you watch it and maintain it, you should be fine.

My ERT stretched and needed constant adjustment. I'm not saying these are bad chains. I used them for years on y 2 stroke 250's & my 250F.

The XRing or an ORing will last at least twice as long and will require little adjustment after the first couple rides.

My 2c.

My ERT stretched and needed constant adjustment. I'm not saying these are bad chains. I used them for years on y 2 stroke 250's & my 250F.

The XRing or an ORing will last at least twice as long and will require little adjustment after the first couple rides.

My 2c.

My buddy had one on his CRF250 and it stretched and chewed up the inside of his frame. I went with the x-ring on my 250 and can't tell.

Don't waste your money on the ERT.

Hmmm...I find the stretch argument kind of odd. If you take a look at the DID website, you'll see the tensile strength of the xring (520VM) compared to the ERT (520ERT) to be not too far off (in fact the ERT has a higher tensile strength).

DID Specs

Now the wear resistance is much in favor of the xring, which is understandable. I would expect the rollers etc. to last much longer on oring & xring thus fewer new chains needed based on wear not stretching.

Am I missing something?

Oh... I want the Sidewinder Ti setup bad, just a bit pricey at the moment.

I would recommend armor for your ride as well. Works connection stuff is what I went with. Plus if you are hitting the trails a kickstand is a life saver when pulling your buddies out of a ravine.

http://www.worksconnection.com/store/index.html?year_id=92&orig_model_id=11&orig_man_id=2

http://www.promotobillet.com/shop/category.asp?catid=13

titax steel sprockets are good, so i hear :cry:

thumper talk stickers would make u cool[er]

make sure to get radiator guards like UNABIKER or FLATLANDS to give the rads full protection from even simple layover, the rads crumple like a tin can (I've never seen rads crumple so easy :cry:)....I learned the hardway, the only time my bike has been laid over (just dumped over in a corner, it's the only time my bike has been on the ground since I bought it 1 1/2 years ago knock on wood) the rad got smashed. :cry: Put a skid plate on the list as well.

As for the ERT, I didn't have a problem with my first one, it lasted me almost 1 1/2 years....I am now running an X-ring, so we'll how it holds up, so far I've had to adjust it after the first 5 rides, hopefully it is done stretching for a while :cry: