arm pump help

Hello everyone. Got my new 05 KX250F a couple of weeks ago (love it!!)but am getting bad arm pump. I moved from a TTR125L to this bike (no comparison, I know) which I was riding on mx tracks anyway and never got arm pump. Now on the KX I get it after 1-2 laps. I am very good shape so that is not the problem. Is it because I am used to the TTR bar bend? Or is it the extra torque of the KX? Any ideas or suggestions would help because my fun is suffering on a great bike. Thanks.

Cruise on over to the MX riding techniques forum and do a search. Some great tips over there that have really helped me get a bad problem slightly under control. Nothing worse than hitting the face of a double with whiskey throttle hands. ?

I did a search on Google and got over 3000 hits on the subject ? Good luck finding the fix.

Mark

you should drink water everyday not just half way through the week.it still has to do with not gripping the bike enough.your tring to hang on to much with your arms.that is why davi milsaps got arm pump on friday at the u.s. open.he said he wasnt using his legs enough.

A little trick a few of us use is to take one or two aspirin before the race. It thins the blood slightly and allows better blood flow. My arm pump is typically lactic acid build up due to constant muscle work. If you can relieve the muscle work (loosen your grip, thin the blood a bit, eat a banana for potasium etc.) you can relieve the arm pump a bit.

Some specific exercises to strengthen the forearms are also a good thing.

Tie a weight on the end of a rope, tie the other end to a cut off broom handle or something similar. Roll the rope and weight up to the handle and back down again in a controlled mannor.

Another exercise is reverse barbell curls. Grab the bar with palms down and curl the bar up. Just the opposite of traditional bar bell curls.

Do this a few times a week and you should notice forearm strength improve and likely less arm pump. Put it all together and it should get way better. Good luck. ?

Lots of good advice already given here.. One thing not mentioned is to be sure to be forward on the bike, and holding it a bit with your knees.. As the bike launches forward you want your footpegs/legs to drive you forward with the bike, and not just hanging on with your arms..