Sign in to follow this  

250f

I finally got a 250f :cry: :cry: :lol:

seems so much lighter and more agile and quicker than my wr400f did. :cry:(i only race mx anymore :cry:. i used to primarily race cross country woods races and trail ride, where the wr power was more suitable :lol:)

anyways, i got a 2001 yz250f. :lol:

anything unique i should know about it? :lol:

:confused:can anyone give me the valve clearances, oil capacity, and any other general maintnence specs i should know? :lol:

or anything else that comes to your mind to a say to a new fellow 250f pilot?

:cry:

-racer36

ps. my 400 is still for sale in the for sale forum. price has been lowered. tell your friends :lol:

can anyone give me the valve clearances, oil capacity, and any other general maintnence specs i should know?

most everything you ever wanted to know about your new bike is covered in the 250F FAQ. the link to the FAQ index is down below in my sig, or you could just click on the thread entitled "NEW OWNERS PLEASE READ" which is permanently affixed to the top of the thread listing.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

man, what a relief. i thought, the way you started your reply, that you were just gonna pull one of those "your service manual tells you all of that" responses :cry:

duh... i only asked cuz i bought the bike used and the guy didn't give me any service manual with it. and i will probably go out and buy the oem manual and clymer manuals before too long, but till i get around to that, i just wanted to know any specs for prepping my new bike for the first ride on it sunday.. :cry:..

so, thanks, that's pretty darn helpful to know that someone has already posted all that online. :cry::cry:

-racer36

oh, and ps.: that's a cool little thumbnail pic you got there in in your sig. (agent smith in the rain) :cry:

i only asked cuz i bought the bike used and the guy didn't give me any service manual with it. and i will probably go out and buy the oem manual and clymer manuals before too long

the '03 manuals are available online in PDF format:

http://www.thumperfaq.com/oemmanuals.htm

there are only minor differences in the manuals for your '01 and the posted '03 version. so for 95% of the work or maintenance, you can use the online PDF manual.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f