Sign in to follow this  

Pulled Over?

Have any of yous guys been pulled over while riding your dual sport or street motorcycle? I've been riding my CBR for a few years and just started riding my DRZ on the street, cops don't seem to see me. I was just wondering what kind of things y'all might have been written up for..

(I posted this in the dual sport section, but on a suggestion it's now in the general, too. :cry:)

Must be an Oregon thing cause I'm never harassed[knock on wood]. My general thought is that if you aren't a schmuck and appear to know what you are doing they won't mess with you. I always wear full gear and only act stupid outside the city limits. This goes for riding both the street bike and the semi-motard around town, I even ride with it uncorked :cry:

Sounds like you're just a good rider. :cry:

I have not been pulled over on my bike. (THANK GOD!) But I have had a scarry expierence passing by one. i was on my way home and passed one on the highway. i was doing around 85 when I passed him. He was in front of a garbage truck, and i did not see him until it was too late. I immediatly started getting over expecting to be pulled over. When he passed back by me, I looked over and he waved. I think he was content with me just slowing down!

:cry:

Its nice when the cops just wave instead of hassling you.

Having a plate on your bike is almost a trespassing

permit around here, as long as you arent ripping stuff up

or otherwise acting like an idiot.

See my longer reply in the dual-sport section.

I got pulled over twice in 1 day.

No tickets but I was speeding and pulling wheelies.

Only time I got pulled over (and reamed mercilessly) was when I slowly passed two motorcycle cops to get over to turn at the next intersection. It was 3 lanes of traffic going over the Dumbarton Bridge during morning commute, and the cops were going around +5 to +10 on the limit, so cars were stacking up in all 3 lanes behind them. When it came time to take the exit, I had to chose between slowly creeping ahead of them and crossing over, or trying to merge behind them through a solid wall of cars.

I chose the creep-ahead and slink past technique, and they went ballistic. Pulled me over and reamed me for a solid five minutes. Ouch. I could tell that a lot of it was for show, and it looked like if I played it cool and kept apologizing that I wouldn't get a ticket. Hoo-boy. Never pass a cop when they are driving/riding down the street. :cry:

BTW, when a motorcycle cop is pissed at you, they have a habit of pulling alongside you with their handlebars about an inch from yours. I guess they are used to riding side-by-side a lot, and they use that training to intimidate you. Worked on me! :cry:

when a motorcycle cop is pissed at you, they have a habit of pulling alongside you with their handlebars about an inch from yours. I guess they are used to riding side-by-side a lot, and they use that training to intimidate you.

When they do that, reach over and hit their engine kill switch. :cry:

It makes them REALLY happy when you do that.

:cry: :cry: :lol:THATS GOOD! I'd try that if I didnt think it would get me aquainted with a nightstick. Or how about reaching over and kicking him down a gear?

When they do that, reach over and hit their engine kill switch.

Better yet,grab a handful of front brake.

:cry: