throw your bikes in the back of my.. mercedes?

found this on mxa's web site. not sure what to think of it.

vianoactivity.jpg

Believe it or not, Mercedes-Benz has a pickup in the works. Mercedes started

show a concept pickup truck at a German vehicle show in Hanover, Germany, this week. Called the Viano Activity, the proposed Mercedes Benz pickup truck is a combination of a four-door van and a SUT--with a twist. It is aimed for the American market--because Europeans don't buy pickup trucks at the rate of Americans.

The Viano Activity is a four-seat van from the C-pillar forward. But it has a drawer-style pickup bed that increases the vehicle's length from 196.5 inches to 227 inches when fully extended. The bed is long enough to hold two motorcycles (proven by the two KTMs in the press photos). The concept vehicle is based on the Viano light-commercial vehicle.

Rolf Bartke, head of the Mercedes commercial van business, said the concept was meant to appeal to truck-loving Americans. But Bartke says he thinks it could be a hit in Europe, too.

That thing is ugly. Also notice that you can put two bikes in it. But not enough room for a ramp, gas can, gear (you wouldn't want dirty mx gear in your $85,000 mercedes now would you?) blah blah blah.

I for one would rather have a Z-71, or a F350 etc..than something like that. ?

That thing is ugly. Also notice that you can put two bikes in it. But not enough room for a ramp, gas can, gear (you wouldn't want dirty mx gear in your $85,000 mercedes now would you?) blah blah blah.

I for one would rather have a Z-71, or a F350 etc..than something like that. ?

I fit my bike (sometimes 2 on occasion) and all my gear, tools, huge tri fold ramp, extra parts, gas, and ice chest in the bed of my 04 Nissan Frontier extra cab short bed ?...Its all about how you do it...ill try and get a photo of it fully loaded but it is not rediculous at all, obviously the tailgate is down but i run a strap around the back.

Here is a pic of what our truck looks like....except we adjusted the tortion bars up front raising it 3" ?

csx_frc_04_cxev6_bx7_lg.jpg

Look close, there are 2 YZF's in the back of my sport trac. What you don't see is the ramp, fuel, cooler and ez-up tent. Inside the cab is 2 sets of riding gear.

sportrac1.jpg

Spotted can vouch for loading this up and still riding in comfort. ?

Darryl

Is it just me or does the pic of that sport trac thing look like the two bikes are squashing down the suspension??

nope, its not just you..

you have to at least a little get them secure, i HIGHLY recoment using a fork support, they are like $15 at most shops....options are squishing the forks a lil or a support or else while driving if a situation ivolves you having to slam on the brakes the forks will compress just like when u hit the brakes on the bike and the straps will go loose possibly loosing the hooks and letting the bike fall over ?

just like when u hit the brakes on the bike and the straps will go loose possibly loosing the hooks and letting the bike fall over

There is a better trick for that... stretch a bungee in between the hooks on each end of the tie-down... when you hit the brakes, even if the tiedown goes slack then the bungee still keeps the hooks on the handlebar/truckbed.

There is a better trick for that... stretch a bungee in between the hooks on each end of the tie-down... when you hit the brakes, even if the tiedown goes slack then the bungee still keeps the hooks on the handlebar/truckbed.

Great idea!

I recently saw a tail gate rail system that converts to a ramp. Seems like a great 2 for 1 idea.