Sign in to follow this  

Flexible clutch/brake levers

A while back i saw some flexible clutch levers, they were made out of a stiff rubber so if you fell on them they didnt break or get broken from trees. Anyone know where i can get some of these? I seem to fall alot on my left side, and i always end up breaking them, now i gotta get a new perch as well 😢 Guess thats what happens when your going up a very steep very rocky hill and get caught in a water run!

put a piece of teflon between the perch and the bar to allow you levers to rotate on the bar insead of breaking. ASV makes levers that bend and don't break, kinda spendy though at around $75.

IMO you lose the feel with the soft levers. I have a few older ones in my shed.

I've got the AVS and I can't recommend them enough. I crashed pretty hard several times where my handguards rotated up slamming my lever into the ground. I thought it was toast but it sprung right back without any damage.

I crash A LOT and they've probably payed for themselves in broken levers.

I have ASV levers also, I really like them since they can be adjusted easily and best of all, I lost the set screw on my clutch and when I called them to order another they said "no problem, just give me your name and address and we'll send another one out"... so they're sending me the set screw and nut for free 😢

I also gave them a recommendation - I would prefer more bend in the lever so that when I pull in the clutch it won't squash the fingers still on the grip. 😢

http://www.asvinventions.com/index.php

A++ rating on the ASV equipment! Top quality and pay for themselves for sure if you crash at all. If you don't crash, your not riding hard enough! Well worth the (ouch) $75!

i didnt read through all the replies, so i don't know if anybody has mentioned this idea yet or not.. but i shave my levers down. i clutch with my middle and ring finger so I shave the lever off just before my pinky. (this also keeps my pinky from getting squeezed under the clutch lever).. and i brake with only my index finger so my front brake lever is even shorter. one of the benefits, besides being custom fit to how i use them, is that they don't touch the ground in a crash.

after i shave them down i round the ends nice and smooth on a grinding wheel.

you can sorta see them in this picture of my last bike. the bark-busters help out too, but even without them, my levers are too short to be damaged in a fall.

yz250f_newdecals_05m.jpg

I shorten my levers as well.. Not by choice, originally. Works fine, you rarely (I'm assuming?) use your outer fingers for clutching and braking... It's dead weight! 😢

Everyone keeps mentioning ASV, but I'd like to see the rubber levers that motoxrider is talking about.