Sign in to follow this  

Trivia - Classic Photos - Another round

I have been busy putting miles on my bike and enjoying myself over the weekend. Let's see who can come up with some answers to these pics.

Name the riders

178turnstj.jpg

1mud.jpg

5edited.jpg

speedmud.jpg

#5 Name both riders. Try and ignore my silhoette on the lead rider.

close.jpg

#1 Marty Smith

#2 Brad Lackey

#3 Tony D

#4 Adolph Weil (or is that Sylvan Geobers on a rare Maico appearence???)

#5 Jim Gibson leading Rick Burgett

#1 Marty Smith

#2 Brad Lackey

#3 Tony D

#4 Adolph Weil (or is that Sylvan Geobers on a rare Maico appearence???)

#5 Jim Gibson leading Rick Burgett

Very good, you only missed one. That is Rex Staten on the Works YZ in front of Rick Burgett.

When did Lackey have #1? I thought it was Weinert at first, but the face is definately Brad.

Before my time. :cry:

Man, I am continually blown away with the knowledge on this forum. I thought at least one of these no one would get....... Although one is still incorrect. :cry::cry:

Here are some hints.

I had to spray over Tony D or it was too obvious. He was looking very athletic in this shot but Hannah was ultimately too much to overcome for his career as a champion to continue.

TonyD.jpg

It is Sylvan Geboers on a Maico! Very impressive indeed. :cry:

153nyd.jpg

Rocket Rex is another tough one in my opinion. But which one is still incorrect? :cry:

rman.jpg

You can't be tell'n me that's Jimmy? Say it ain't so.

I had reservations on the #1 Honda at first, but he did win 1977 500cc champ and that would esplain the #1 big bore. I just don't remember him wearing a killer face mask but that's just dead brain cells. :cry:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record,,,,,

Incredible shots,,,,

Incredible shots,,,,

Incredible shots,,,,

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Here is the other half of "Team Acid Rock" from the same TransAMA race. Weinert was letting his face grow long at the time.(Sorry for the poor quality on these mud race photos. It all started with Bob Guccione and the wet lens.....")

24mud.jpg

I was going to include this one because I thought it would be a tough one as well. But I decided the quality was so poor on this pic it would not be fair. You guys are so good I am throwing this one out to see how you do with it.

hmmm.jpg

:cry:

Well,,,,,,

Let's start with who was riding Maico's then,,,,

Gaylon Moiser,

Sylvan Goebers

Adolf Weil

? Any more, that's all I can think of. :cry:

I pick Adolf. :cry:

Awesome pictures, the only one that hung me up was the Maico rider, the others were easy. Keep them coming Chiefan, you ROCK :cry: :cry: :cry:

All those riders were on Maico at the time....but there is another who has not been mentioned yet. I wish I had a better picture but this will have to do. Any more guesses?? :cry:

Bingo!! We have a winner. It is the '79 World 500cc Champion.

You never know what you can find on the internet. In researching some info to confirm my memory is not faulty I came across this site. There is a very interesing article from a Brit magazine. Check out the link if you are interested. web link

Actually, Graham was a very nice person not surley at all. I just think of all english people as Surley, yeah me and my stereo-types. :cry:

The reason I didn't think of him up front, I always think of him on the factory Honda he won the title on.

Forgot about his Maico day's.

Yes I did. She was a California hottie if I remember correctly. BTW I did finally find a shot of Adolf Weil and posted in the Muddiest MX ever thread along with a few other choice scans.